Amelia County High School is a public school located in Amelia Court House, VA. It has 595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Amelia County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- A41 Students
- A+36 Students
- B33 Students
- B32 Students
- A+29 Students
- C26 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- B18 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesC-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Amelia County High School Reviews
Amelia County High School is a nice school with understanding staff. I would like them to have more options in which students can choose from to pursue their career. They have options but not a lot! I wish it was more availability for the students to have one-on-one time with a career coach to help all us pursue our dreams.
I am in all honors classes, so my classmates are generally focused and committed to learning. While I've encountered a bad teacher now and then, I have been pleased with most of my classes and I feel as if I've learned something from each of them, but I'm not quite sure how prepared I am to be in college and away from pretty much everything familiar to me. Overall, it hasn't been too terrible an experience, but I'm glad to be graduating.
There were limited extracurriculars available and the school administrators did not possess or advocate for an inclusive environment. The school is unique in its ability to get away with oppressive statements towards racial and sexual minorities. I would not attend this school again, or recommend it to others, for the aforementioned reasons.