grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Amelia County High School is a public school located in Amelia Court House, VA. It has 527 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Amelia County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+68 Students
- grade A64 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade B53 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade B+36 Students
- grade B31 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Field Trips29%
- Chorus/ Band Competitions5%
- Club banquets5%
- Scholastic bowl5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,402 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Amelia County High School
Amelia County High School Reviews
Rating 2.93 out of 5 74 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As a current student enrolled at, Amelia high I can say it has been the typical high school experience. Classes that stress the students out, teachers that become roll models and mentors, friendships that will last a life time and so on. However, I feel that Amelia does offer many programs for the gifted students. One of the best and most rigorous opportunities includes the governors school program that only accepts a number of students to experience college in high school. This one of a kind school gives the students the unique chance to attain an associates in either STEM or Humanities. Other options include Dual enrollment, Vo-Tech, AP classes and of course there are also honors classes. Therefore, as I continue to experience high school at Amelia I know that with the broad amount of choices that are available I will get the most of out it.
I transferred to Amelia County High School my sophomore year. In the past 2 years I have experienced a lot. The people here are amazing. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Being a new student, I was very nervous, but the second I walked through those doors I was immediately welcomed by students and teachers. The transfer was a huge difference for me. I moved from a very small middle/high school, to a pretty decent sized high school. Classes were much more educational and the technology that was available to me made learning so much more convenient. Teachers find the exact way you learn best and go with it, even if it isn’t something they are completely familiar with. Teachers assist students in any way possible. They also act as friend in times of need. Overall, my experience here has been great. Everyone is friends with everyone which is exactly what you need for an educational environment to be successful, and to make students want to go to school.
I recently graduated from ACHS. I overall had a pleasant experience. The facilities aren't the greatest, but I felt I got along with the teachers and staff well. I enjoyed the sports atmospheres and the different events they scheduled throughout the year.