Ambridge Area High School is a public school located in Ambridge, PA. It has 784 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Ambridge Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- B54 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-37 Students
- B-31 Students
- B28 Students
- A+24 Students
- B22 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Ambridge Area High School
- B-Central Valley High School
- Central Valley School District, PA
- 93 reviews
- C+Carlynton Junior/Senior High School
- Carlynton School District, PA
- 85 reviews
- C+Fort Cherry Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Cherry School District, PA
- 36 reviews
- BRiverside High School
- Riverside Beaver County School District, PA
- 49 reviews
Ambridge Area High School Reviews
Ambridge is a very average school district. While the academics are good and sufficient to prepare for college, the environment is not positive or motivating. In terms of teachers, there are some gems that teach beyond the bounds of a classroom, and there are some that could truly improve their flexibility and concern for students’ academic success. The same goes for the administration.
I loved the fact that I had made many great memories through this district. My good friends and I have established a foundation jere so we may head off to the real world ready and prepared. Even though sometimes things could get tough, we still managed and helped one another out. Some of our teachers were outstanding in their teachings and their personalities. It was great to attend Ambridge and I will surely miss this place due to tje memories I have made. I would say that the learning experience was great, and those who plan on coming to Ambridge, You will have a great time.
As in most schools, the junior year is the worst year for workload. I took three AP classes, a college chemistry class, and a relatively hard math class. My days after school were filled with homework. This year (my senior year) I'm taking two AP classes (that are both twice as long as a normal class), four music classes (two being independent study), and the highest level (yet still relatively easy) social studies and communications courses. My senior year is much easier than my junior year, so the workload isn't consistent throughout all four years of high school.