Amboy High School is a public school located in Amboy, IL. It has 231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 34.5% in reading.
Amboy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B22 Students
- B17 Students
- B12 Students
- B+10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B+7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Amboy High School
- C+Dixon High School
- Dixon Unified School District No. 170, IL
- 94 reviews
- BAshton-Franklin Center High School
- Ashton-Franklin Center Community Unit School District No. 275, IL
- 20 reviews
- NGOhio Community High School
- Public School
- Ohio, IL
- 2 reviews
- B-La Moille High School
- LaMoille Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 21 reviews
Amboy High School Reviews
Our staff go through training and meetings once a month to prepare for any kind of emergency situation. The school has regular drills in case of a weather emergency. There is bullying at our school but it is very rarely physical. Unfortunately we do not have a school nurse so in case of sickness or injury the student or a present teacher are the only ones to cover the situation. I feel safe in my school because I know that some measures are taken to keep it a safe environment at all times, like locked doors and security cameras, and the teachers are trained to handle almost any situation.
Most of the teachers that are at my school, truly care about the students. They are willing to help students and they always make sure we succeed. They do what they can to ensure we get a good education. My pre-calculus teacher is one of the best teachers at my school. She is an extremely intelligent woman, but her intelligence doesn't get in the way of her teaching. She breaks things down and explains things thoroughly. She also gives real life examples of when we will use the things we learn. Even if we won't actually use logarithms in the real world, she tells us how the problem solving and that use of our brains will. My English teacher treats us as if we are college students. She gives us deadlines, but the rest of it is on our own, If we need help we go to her. I like that because it prepares us for college. Many of the teachers at my school put their students first.
Most Extracurriculars at our school are sport based. Other than that we have FFA, a few fine arts, and about 4 academic clubs. Our sports teams and activities get the most attention. As a small farming community many students are active in FFA. We have a Spanish Honor Society, National Honor Society, and Academic Team, and Student Council. I am active in 3 of the 4 and find that they are all active clubs striving to do good by our school. The Fine Arts tend to get the short end of the stick, but always stick together. We have the same 2 teachers in charge of all music, theatre, and art, so it is a close circle.