Amber-Pocasset High School is an above average, public school located in Amber, OK. It has 108 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in reading.
Amber-Pocasset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- A29 Students
- B24 Students
- B21 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+8 Students
- C+8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Amber-Pocasset High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Amber-Pocasset High School
- B-Chickasha High School
- Chickasha Public Schools, OK
- 81 reviews
- B+Newcastle High School
- Newcastle Public Schools, OK
- 53 reviews
- BBridge Creek High School
- Bridge Creek Public Schools, OK
- 50 reviews
- BBlanchard High School
- Blanchard Public Schools, OK
- 100 reviews
Amber-Pocasset High School Reviews
The teachers and administration are exceptional at their jobs, handling children. Some of the teachers exceed the expectations, and some of them do not meet the expectations. That is one thing I believe could change, along with the safety at our school. We have no security at our school, and too much freedom. We could walk out without being noticed, and that is very unsafe for a school.
It is more like a family than any other school. At Am-Po the teachers and faculty genuinely want to see you succeed. They come in before school and stay after hours, whatever you need to be successful, they will do it. We have little to none discipline issues. We even have teachers drive over an hour to come teach at Ampo! That’s how great it is!!
Amber-Pocasset High School is like a big family. They welcome you into the school with open arms and loving hearts. They try to make you as comfortable as they can. They are strict on their rules on don't tolerate bullies. When their is a problem it gets solved. I especially love my Special Ed. teacher no matter the problem she is always there to help me solve the problem, whether it be a shoulder to cry on or a meaningful, motivational, uplifting speech. To go to Amber-Pocasset is to be apart of the family.