Amanda Elzy High School is a public school located in Greenwood, MS. It has 413 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- C75 Students
- A-67 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-55 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-44 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Amanda Elzy High School Reviews
Amanda Elzy High School is physically motivated, but mentally inclined. Every year books are shared, lunch is horrifying, and pettiness is stirred. I like that Elzy has emotionally stable students, but I dislike he support that we receive from not only the district but the staff! If I could change one thing I would change the administration!
Being a student here at Amanda Elzy High is challenging. Not very good support from grown ups, and even your peers. You have to push yourself and really teach yourself to be better in life. You have to have a certain mindset to be at this school. This school is really at the bottom of the boat in Mississippi. But you can still succeed here with a positive mindset to do so. I love my school and I’ll forever will.
Amanda Elzy High School is a very crazy investment. I have been an Amanda Elzy panther for four year, and I love hate it. Most of the students at Elzy isn't ready for college. We have been through a lot since my class have been freshmans. We are under conservatorship. This is very difficult for us to do thing we would like to do. This shouldn't be an excuse for not doing what we need to do as far as our education. I would love to change the fact that we should be more enthusiastic about learning. As a honor student it frustrates me to know how much potential that the students have at Elzy. I love being a panther don't get me wrong. There is nothing like home, but there could be a lot of improvements at our small school. We still have a lot of panther pride to have a lot of improvements.