Amanda Elzy High School is a public school located in Greenwood, MS. It has 413 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Amanda Elzy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C72 Students
- A70 Students
- B+65 Students
- C+54 Students
- B-50 Students
- B45 Students
- A-41 Students
- C+31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Amanda Elzy High School Reviews
Amanda Elzy High School is physically motivated, but mentally inclined. Every year books are shared, lunch is horrifying, and pettiness is stirred. I like that Elzy has emotionally stable students, but I dislike he support that we receive from not only the district but the staff! If I could change one thing I would change the administration!
Amanda Elzy High School is a very crazy investment. I have been an Amanda Elzy panther for four year, and I love hate it. Most of the students at Elzy isn't ready for college. We have been through a lot since my class have been freshmans. We are under conservatorship. This is very difficult for us to do thing we would like to do. This shouldn't be an excuse for not doing what we need to do as far as our education. I would love to change the fact that we should be more enthusiastic about learning. As a honor student it frustrates me to know how much potential that the students have at Elzy. I love being a panther don't get me wrong. There is nothing like home, but there could be a lot of improvements at our small school. We still have a lot of panther pride to have a lot of improvements.
My school might not be one of the top high schools in the country, but it is one of the most caring and loving places I have ever attended. The staff shows true dedication, perseverance, and an amiable nature. I am truly honored to say that these teachers have been a major impact in everyone's life. They teach based off how a real professor would teach you, but hey also are well understood that you are still in high school and if you need help in something they are willing to help you. Sometimes they have problems out of students and their patience with us is incredibly strong. Not only do they focus on academics, they also teach us morals and life lessons that will truly help us in this world.