A.M. Barbe High School Reviews

Barbe High School is a great place to be if you want to be challenged academically. Although the student body is diverse, the school doesn’t recognize the cultures and beliefs of different races and religions.
Barbe was a great school, the teachers were nice, and always taught. I learned a lot and had fun while doing it thanks to A.M. Barbe High School.
The only thing I enjoyed about Barbe High School was spending time with my friends. The teachers were not always helpful. None of my teachers were encouraging. The environment was not motivational. The counselors were unhelpful and did not give us any helpful tools for the future as they said they would. They are not helpful with giving students the opportunity at higher education in college. There aren't many clubs on campus. A lot of teachers would not teach but instead give worksheets and quizzes and open book tests to get students to pass easily. I hope that in the future that teachers are motivated to teach students and give them opportunities at a better education and that they can do anything and be whatever they want in this life. I just hope that the administration cares. I do know there are a handful of teachers who do care and love the students there.
Start Your Review of A.M. Barbe High School
I found the teachers to be very concerned about the students and willing to assist. The classes I took have prepared me for college. The coaching staffs for volleyball, softball and girls basketball were excellent. It is a fairly large high school, but was fairly easy to be involved with sports, clubs, and classes.
Barbe High School is the ONLY A-ranked high school in the State of Louisiana! With that being said, we have AMAZING teachers, and staff members, who care about our grades. The teachers want you to pass their class and have a successful future. Barbe High School prepares you for college. We have PLENTY of AP, advanced, gifted, and duel enrollment classes, which allows you to graduate with college credits as a high school senior. We have many activities to choose from. Some of them are football, basketball, baseball, marching band, concert, jazz band, mens choir, women choir, show choir, dance team, color guard, winter guard, and speech & debate just to name a few. Barbe also offers tutoring on Tuesday afternoons from 3:30pm-5:30pm and the library is open to us before and after school as well.
I enjoyed how the teachers made sure I was aware of what was going on at the school. Enjoyed the Track and Cross Country coachses and how they allowed GOD to be included in the sports. The last 4 yrs have been fun and enjoying. My classes changed me to do my best and to aim higher. The Friday night football games were the best. An all nighter for Sr. Prom and Sr. year Homecoming. The food was bad they need my mom cooking, ger veggies taste good and I eat them. Not enough books in the class room. My four years at Barbe were Great. I recommend this school to anyone.
I have gone to Barbe highschool for 4 years now, and I can confidently say that for the most part the teachers here give their all to their students. I have taken gifted and ap classes, and the selection available is brilliant with tremendous teachers.
A.M. Barbe allows you to expand your student abilities by allowing you to pick your own classes with the help of counselors and it provides a supportive environment.
This will be my second son to graduate from this school and we didn't have any issues. I enjoyed how the teachers make themselves availabe for meetings and conferences.
Barbe is an amazing place to be. The AP and Gifted teachers that I experienced were so involved in every step of my education. They truly care about me on a personal level and I could not have asked for better mentors in my life.
I overall had a great experience at Barbe however they can use better guidance counselors to help. The teachers were great and worked hard to teach to get the proper skills and/or learning to prepare you for college.
I appreciated greatly the connection I had between my teachers. The few teachers I had the pleasure to study under at Barbe actually did more than teach the curriculum, they taught us tools for life.
My experience at A.M. Barbe High School was very good. The teachers really want you to succeed and they will do everything they can possibly do to help you learn. The principles and administrators have rearranged the schedule so
the students can practice the act to get better scores and to catch up on missed or not finished work. I wished they would have started the act practice earlier but I'm sure that it will still help. Barbe High School is a wonderful school and they have people who work there that really care and want to see you graduate and make something off ourselves.
I loved how some of my teachers cared about there students. I also liked the teachers who where passionate about teaching. If I could change anything I would support a campus deep clean. Also a fund dedicated to keeping the bathrooms stocked with supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap, and towels ect.
Barbe High School is the best high school of Louisiana. Things are done to get students to have the highest GPA, and for them to get all the help they need.
Barbe is a good place to go if you’re into athletics. It also offers very good opportunities for advancing certain types of education. I wish that Barbe had a really good auditorium and more focus on the arts. I also wish for a drama class.
Barbe High School fosters a great opportunity for all students to learn at their level and it encourages the students to stretch their knowledge to learn more.
Start Your Review of A.M. Barbe High School
There are many class options to choose from. There are regular, advanced, gifted, AP, and AP gifted. There are many different clubs and sports offered for students to be involved. Many teachers are good and helpful. The campus is can use a good clean everywhere though. Overall, it is a pretty okay school.
Well all my years we're wonderful. It seemed to me Barbe added another culture now we have lots of foreign exchange students. It's cool to have them around because you find out things Google couldn't tell you. Barbe has excellent diversity even in the faculty.
I would definitely change the food served at lunch. If we could have an official financial aid counselor I believe we would definitely have a higher rate of college attendees.
The Campus could be cleaner and administration could be more involved with individual students. Guidance Counselors especially can be very inaccessible. However, many of the teachers genuinely care to see the success of their students.