A.M. Barbe High School Reviews

Barbe is an amazing place to be. The AP and Gifted teachers that I experienced were so involved in every step of my education. They truly care about me on a personal level and I could not have asked for better mentors in my life.
I overall had a great experience at Barbe however they can use better guidance counselors to help. The teachers were great and worked hard to teach to get the proper skills and/or learning to prepare you for college.
I appreciated greatly the connection I had between my teachers. The few teachers I had the pleasure to study under at Barbe actually did more than teach the curriculum, they taught us tools for life.
Start Your Review of A.M. Barbe High School
My experience at A.M. Barbe High School was very good. The teachers really want you to succeed and they will do everything they can possibly do to help you learn. The principles and administrators have rearranged the schedule so
the students can practice the act to get better scores and to catch up on missed or not finished work. I wished they would have started the act practice earlier but I'm sure that it will still help. Barbe High School is a wonderful school and they have people who work there that really care and want to see you graduate and make something off ourselves.
I loved how some of my teachers cared about there students. I also liked the teachers who where passionate about teaching. If I could change anything I would support a campus deep clean. Also a fund dedicated to keeping the bathrooms stocked with supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap, and towels ect.
Barbe High School is the best high school of Louisiana. Things are done to get students to have the highest GPA, and for them to get all the help they need.
Barbe is a good place to go if you’re into athletics. It also offers very good opportunities for advancing certain types of education. I wish that Barbe had a really good auditorium and more focus on the arts. I also wish for a drama class.
Barbe High School fosters a great opportunity for all students to learn at their level and it encourages the students to stretch their knowledge to learn more.
There are many class options to choose from. There are regular, advanced, gifted, AP, and AP gifted. There are many different clubs and sports offered for students to be involved. Many teachers are good and helpful. The campus is can use a good clean everywhere though. Overall, it is a pretty okay school.
Well all my years we're wonderful. It seemed to me Barbe added another culture now we have lots of foreign exchange students. It's cool to have them around because you find out things Google couldn't tell you. Barbe has excellent diversity even in the faculty.
I would definitely change the food served at lunch. If we could have an official financial aid counselor I believe we would definitely have a higher rate of college attendees.
The Campus could be cleaner and administration could be more involved with individual students. Guidance Counselors especially can be very inaccessible. However, many of the teachers genuinely care to see the success of their students.
Overall good school. Very good with preparing for college and/or other college pathways. Teachers at Barbe could be better, but some lack in the educational knowledge of teaching.
Big school, lots of kids, hard to control though. rules are enforced only some of the time. Some teachers don't care as much as others. Some teachers are amazing and really hard-working.
Barbe is a good school, but only if you're willing to take AP or at least advanced classes. In my experience, the regular ed classes aren't very good. Students don't care and teachers don't have much power over them. But the AP an advanced classes I took were amazing. The students and teachers cared, and all of the teachers know what theyre teaching. The school has a hygiene problem, though -- it's disgusting and janitors dont seem to clean often. The bathrooms are disgusting and almost always are out of toilet paper and paper towels. And the cafeteria food sucks. The band and choir programs are amazing though.
My four years at Barbe were amazing. I met new friends and kept some old ones. Choir was my favorite part of it all. It's definitely something I'm going to remember forever!
I loved attending Barbe, the teachers was great and the principle was wonderful. His office was never closed unless he wasn't there. I miss miss Barbe so much
It's a huge school with many opportunities. Although the grounds and some faculty need a little work before they can be considered excellent, many of the faculty and students who do care make the school an amazing and wonderful place to be.
Start Your Review of A.M. Barbe High School
Barbe is a well rounded school with great academics and sports. I have attended barbe for the last three years and I can honestly say I enjoy it. I received many opportunities from going to school and I can only hope to receive many more. While attending barbe I was in student council, beta, key club, and many more so you have an abundance of clubs to join.
I liked the teachers the best at barbe. They are all nice, and caring. They actually care if you pass or fail. The environment is just wonderful and pleasant. It is a very neat and clean school. But I would say the could do better at having the bathrooms more clean, especially for the girls. Also to be more organized.
Barbe High School has been by far one of the worst experiences of my life. The school is very disorganized, with scheduling and registration always being a big hassle. Although Barbe claims to provide all students with the opportunity to excel, students are often kicked out of AP classes due to limited space. I take the highest level of coursework that is offered to me in three out of the four subject areas, but I still feel bored, as I have to do way too much rote memorization and way too little writing. I think this may be due to the large class sizes. A lot of classes are 30+ students, leaving little room for individual attention. A lot of activities are offered here, but it's hard to get actively involved as a new student like me because many kids are not very welcoming. Barbe High School has a reputation for being one of the best in the area, but I have lived in four different sates, and compared to other schools nationally, it is nowhere near high quality.