Alwood Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Woodhull, IL. It has 199 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Alwood Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+19 Students
- B19 Students
- B-14 Students
- A12 Students
- A11 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Alwood Middle/High School
- BOrion High School
- Orion Community Unit School District No. 223, IL
- 55 reviews
- BGalva Junior/Senior High School
- Galva Community Unit School District No. 224, IL
- 21 reviews
- BROWVA Senior High School
- Rio-Oneida-Wataga-Victoria-Altona (ROWVA) Community Unit School District No. 208, IL
- 62 reviews
- B-Cambridge Junior/Senior High School
- Cambridge Community Unit School District No. 227, IL
- 7 reviews
Alwood Middle/High School Reviews
Given the small school size, let alone my class size, there isn't much that can change. I felt like my friendships were more impactful here, however, than they might've been at a larger school.
Alwood Middle/High School is a very small school in Woodhull, Illinois. It only has about 98 students in the high school. Here, we have outstanding one-on-one time with our teachers. The only thing I want to change about our school, is how poor we are. We can't afford many new things, because of our very tight budget. Overall though, For the 13 years I have gone to school here; it has given me a great education.
The teachers don't hesitate to answer questions when asked and offer help when they see someone that doesn't understand what was taught. Teachers are almost always available before school or after school, and always available during advisory period.