Alvord High School is a public school located in Alvord, TX. It has 217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Alvord High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- B19 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+16 Students
- B15 Students
- A14 Students
- B-12 Students
- A12 Students
- B+12 Students
- C+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Alvord High School
- BParadise High School
- Paradise Independent School District, TX
- 100 reviews
- BBowie High School
- Bowie Independent School District, TX
- 67 reviews
- B+Decatur High School
- Decatur Independent School District, TX
- 90 reviews
- BBridgeport High School
- Bridgeport Independent School District, TX
- 58 reviews
Alvord High School Reviews
The teachers of the small town school are great! They do a wonderful job at teaching, and they ready themselves to be available to students who seek help outside of class. They do an excellent job of making the classes engaging for all learning types. They make sure to treat all students fairly and appropriately in the grade book, and the teachers genuinely care about each student. They make sure to get to know all the students in some area of their lives. Many of them take their work outside of their job and spend a lot of their free time planning fun activities for the class because they truly love what they do. Many of the teacher of Alvord High School are sponser of clubs and othe rextracurricular activities. All in all, this a great school academically and socially.
There could be more of a variety in clubs and organizations. The people who are sponsors of the extracurricular activities make it very fun for the students involved. There is a lot of community service involved in the clubs, such as Christmas gifts for foster children, Salvation Army bell ringing, and blood drives. The available clubs are Spanish Club, FFCLA, NCA, band, sports, yearbook, journalism, student counsel, clas officers, etc. Each group works very hard and puts lot of time into the events that they host, and they make getting involved very fun. The administration could be more supportive of the groups, but all of the teahers encourage all the students to get involved in clubs and organizations.
My school is in a very safe community, so it is very safe due to that element. Alvord High School has placed bullying prevention methods in place, such and StayAlert, but they were abused by the students. Some of the students would text the number just to get people in trouble that they did not like, so it did not really work the way it was thought to. Other than that, bullying is fairly minimal in AHS. Most students get along with each, and the staff does a moderate to good job of keeping students from bullying. If any bullying happens, it is usually just talk and is handled by the principal and school counselor. It is very rare that any violence happens in the school. The school has a strict to bullying policy, so any violence is not tolerated.