Alvord High School is an above average, public school located in Alvord, TX. It has 206 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Alvord High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+29 Students
- B20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B18 Students
- A+18 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Alvord High School
- BParadise High School
- Paradise Independent School District, TX
- 101 reviews
- B-Bowie High School
- Bowie Independent School District, TX
- 69 reviews
- B+Decatur High School
- Decatur Independent School District, TX
- 106 reviews
- BBridgeport High School
- Bridgeport Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
Alvord High School Reviews
The teachers of the small town school are great! They do a wonderful job at teaching, and they ready themselves to be available to students who seek help outside of class. They do an excellent job of making the classes engaging for all learning types. They make sure to treat all students fairly and appropriately in the grade book, and the teachers genuinely care about each student. They make sure to get to know all the students in some area of their lives. Many of them take their work outside of their job and spend a lot of their free time planning fun activities for the class because they truly love what they do. Many of the teacher of Alvord High School are sponser of clubs and othe rextracurricular activities. All in all, this a great school academically and socially.
My overall experience was amazing. Facilities could improve a little. Teachers were great and prepared me for my next journey in life. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a well rounded atmosphere to send their children to.
There could be more of a variety in clubs and organizations. The people who are sponsors of the extracurricular activities make it very fun for the students involved. There is a lot of community service involved in the clubs, such as Christmas gifts for foster children, Salvation Army bell ringing, and blood drives. The available clubs are Spanish Club, FFCLA, NCA, band, sports, yearbook, journalism, student counsel, clas officers, etc. Each group works very hard and puts lot of time into the events that they host, and they make getting involved very fun. The administration could be more supportive of the groups, but all of the teahers encourage all the students to get involved in clubs and organizations.