Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Alvirne High School is a public school located in Hudson, NH. It has 1,143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Alvirne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+202 Students
- B121 Students
- B+101 Students
- B-79 Students
- A+78 Students
- B-74 Students
- C+74 Students
- A73 Students
- B63 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Alvirne High School
- BCampbell High School
- Litchfield School District, NH
- 155 reviews
- C+Nashoba Valley Technical High School
- Public School
- Westford, MA
- 93 reviews
- BTimberlane Regional High School
- Timberlane Regional School District, NH
- 212 reviews
- BMilford High School
- Milford School District, NH
- 198 reviews
Alvirne High School Reviews
Was originally intending on going to Windham or Nashua North, but ended up coming here. The feeling of being at school daily is entertaining and has improved from previous years. The CTE program here is probably one of the best in the state. Academics are a slight downside, especially STEM. Otherwise, I am fortunate to be here!
My experience at Alvirne was a very positive one. Even under current circumstances in regards to the pandemic, the staff started up remote learning almost immediately and teachers continue to reach out and connect to their students. There is a wide variety of clubs and organizations that gives each student a place to fit in. The principal cares for each individual student, greeting everyone in the morning and throughout the day in the hallways. The core values instilled by the Alvirne staff has created a great learning environment, and has made my experience at this school so much better.
In my fours years at Alvirne High School I changed a lot in my life. I became a man there. I first came in thinking it was going to be worse than what it actually was, but my expectations changed in the first few months after an adjustment period. I was more nervous about the difficulty of the classes than anything. In my high school career there were no classes that I took that were overly challenging as long as I was working hard, I would do fine. Alvirne does certain things well like keeping an open-minded idea of different career paths, and not forcing college on anyone. The school offers great support academically and personally. Some things that Alvirne does not excedd in are safety of the school and accommodations that need to be made for students who have disabilities or require additional support or help in academics.