Alvirne High School is a public school located in Hudson, NH. It has 1,267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Alvirne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-164 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+92 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-61 Students
- B-60 Students
- B-55 Students
- A54 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Alvirne High School
- BCampbell High School
- Litchfield School District, NH
- 147 reviews
- C+Nashoba Valley Technical High School
- Public School
- Westford, MA
- 81 reviews
- BTimberlane Regional High School
- Timberlane Regional School District, NH
- 205 reviews
- BMilford High School
- Milford School District, NH
- 190 reviews
Alvirne High School Reviews
I have been at Alvirne for two years now and overall I have had a good experience. Most of my teachers have been fantastic and helpful. I have had great experiences with the social studies department. The career and technical education classes, such as forestry, health science, welding, and more, are also exceptional. One program that stands out is the unified program, with sports, classes, and activities for students to make friends and promote inclusion and understanding. I believe that Alvirne does well with college readiness; I often hear about PSATs, SATs, and ACTs on the announcements, plus the school offers a college planning night for parents and encourages students to apply for college.
My children went there all four years of high school. The teachers are great! Great academics! Their extra curricular teams support one another wholeheartedly. Whether it sports, music or drama club, the kids all support each other.
I enjoyed my experience at Alvirne High School. The Social Studies and English departments were full of very knowledgeable, professional teachers and the CTE department had a wide variety of programs all taught by professionals. The guidance department also spent a lot of time helping students discover colleges, career paths, and everyday advice. The things I would change would be the Science department, as it consisted of several teachers who did not even have degrees in the field that they were teaching. There was also a lack of school spirit among upperclassmen.