Alvin High School Reviews

If you are looking for a school that brings diversity, helps prepare the students for the future, and has plentiful resources, Alvin High School is not the place. With multiple buildings lousy with mice, mold, and a hint of bat urine, Alvin High School has curated a beautiful place for sports, but when it comes to classrooms, they would rather rebuild a stadium for their not-so-successful football team.
I like how the admin and teachers are constantly striving to improve, and while there may be issues with individual teachers or programs, the community at Alvin always does its best to make things better.
the teachers were great and the tutoring that they did really helped me to pass all my classes and helped me to graduate from Alvin High School
Start Your Review of Alvin High School
Throughout Alvin High School, there was always a significant goal of college in mind. College was drilled into the heads of all students from the second they set foot through the doors. However, there were many occasions to which college preparation was not sufficiently met. Classes were met with a leniency that is uncommonly seen in schools across America.
The thing I like about Alvin High school is that it's a very big school with a comfortable environment.
I have currently been in the alvinisd school district since pre-k, and it's horrible I suggest that if you encounter Alvin highschool to just go ahead and look for another school. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff is amazing, but they need to learn how to teach and get the students to engage with the material and actually want to learn.
My experience in the AP program, NHS and the Band program made my high school experience fulfilling.
I liked the teachers, they are available and helpful. I really enjoyed my 4 years there. I was also a part of the marching band which made my High School experience the best I could have.
So far I have had good teachers since I mostly take advanced classes. This year they have been making many changes to the schedule and are trying a new way for students to have an hour to eat lunch or do an activity or even work on homework. Which I think is a really great thing that will help most students as well as teachers.
I had good and bad times going to school here at Alvin High School. But, now that I am done with high school I see mostly the good times. The school lunches at Alvin high school were not the best.
It's a wonderful high school with nice teachers and people who care about your education. There are plenty of resources on campus available, however, it requires the student to put some effort in to get ahold of that information themselves. School spirit is growing and so is the campus.
Alvin High was a good school to attend, it had everything you would expect a Texas High School to have… a great football team. Other than that, it was not an overly impressive facility. The instructors were good or at least the AP instructors that I had, judging from the rowdiness that echoed through the halls originating from non-AP classes I would have to guess that my experience was not shared by everyone.
I grow up in Alvin and along my educational path found myself close to almost every single teacher along the way. Concerning Alvin High School, I had a great experience overall, long term friends, awesome opportunities to express myself as an individual, and most importantly, a great education. I truly do feel that I received just about the best public school education in the state along with a memorable experience. Looking back, Alvin High School had a superb staff and teachers that actually wanted to see me exceed in my academic career.
I went to High school almost 20 years ago. I had low grades but only my fault. I did graduate and turn my life around.
I am currently enrolled at Alvin High School, advancing into my senior year as of this year, and I have been overall satisfied with my experience. There are a variety of different activities and clubs to participate in. The teachers are friendly however there the only goal seems to be to encourage students to graduate and nothing more. My only real complaint is the school is an outdoor campus which makes for horrible days when the weather is bad.
This school has many opertunities to take college courses such as AP and Dual Credit. There are also many organizations that's you can become apart of. The school, however, is still trying to establish a permanent schedule and large scale construction is currently taking place on campus.
The teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful. There are many activities and clubs to join as extra curricular. The buildings are being renovated or replaced.
Start Your Review of Alvin High School
Big outdoor campus made for a great passing period travel, teachers are very helpful if you have a question. Ovearall a pleasant learning atmosphere.
I really enjoyed the academic atmosphere and the fact that it was a vast open campus. I would like to see more funding for extracurricular activities, because colleges now a days are more likely to pick students who are involved with these things. If there were more funding for the activities and clubs to work with then I feel as if more students would be willing to join.
I think Alvin high school is a well organized school that helps meet each students need for themselves to meet their goals of graduating and moving onward in life