Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B113 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+89 Students
- A-79 Students
- B78 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+40 Students
- A39 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Alvin High School Reviews
Review Alvin High School
Alvin High School definitely was a good school as far as my experience went. Majority of my teachers really cared about my learning skills and how each student did in the class. I was involved in every way my schedule allowed and there we some very understanding faculty. I strongly support Alvin high school in how they are strict about enforcing dress code. Although I had a wonderful experience, some do not. And I feel that it's the faculty who don't give as much effort. When the student quits on the class, quits on the teacher, and quits on themselves, the teacher quits on them and instead they need to help or try to get the student on top and involved. Of corse if the student refuses the help then at least the teacher knows they tried. The clubs and organizations worked great with all students and diversity excelled in every corner of school. It is definitely somewhere I'll be proud to call my Alma Mater one day
This school has many opertunities to take college courses such as AP and Dual Credit. There are also many organizations that's you can become apart of. The school, however, is still trying to establish a permanent schedule and large scale construction is currently taking place on campus.
I really enjoyed the academic atmosphere and the fact that it was a vast open campus. I would like to see more funding for extracurricular activities, because colleges now a days are more likely to pick students who are involved with these things. If there were more funding for the activities and clubs to work with then I feel as if more students would be willing to join.