Alvin C. York Institute Reviews

It is a very good school with teachers that will always help. The facilities are very good with a state of the art carpentry and welding facility.
I love this school. My parents both went here and the teachers are very caring. Sometimes the students aren’t as nice but Coach Wright (DOS) helps as much he possibly can. He is great at what he does. He’s a great football coach as well.
Alvin C. York Institute has many amazing teachers and facility members that are there to increase their students lives daily. They wish the best for them and do all that they can to help them.
Start Your Review of Alvin C. York Institute
I really enjoy going to school at York. It's class sizes are small, so I get one on one time with all my teachers. The campus is beautiful and schedules are relatively easy to follow. The environment is welcoming, although there are a lot of cliches and clicks. Other than that I love the school and it's staff.
I ENJOY GOING TO YAI. EVERYONE DOES THEIR BEST TO HONOR THE MEMORY OF OUR SCHOOL FOUNDER--ALVIN C. YORK WW1 WAR HERO. THE SCHOOL OFFERS A WIDE VARIETY OF SPORTS AND ACADEMIC COURSES TO BETTER PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THE WORLD AHEAD. BECAUSE IT'S A SMALL COMMUNITY EACH STAFF MEMBER KNOWS EACH STUDENT AND FAMILY BY NAME. I FEEL IT'S AN HONOR TO ATTEND A SCHOOL THAT STARTED WITH A DREAM BY A SIMPLE FARM BOY TURNED HERO. THANK YOU, SHELBY STORIE.
Most of the teachers are helpful when it comes to helping a struggling student. They offer math tutoring which has helped many students pass difficult classes such as pre cal and college algebra. However, some teachers don’t offer help to the students and seem like they could careless about if a student succeeds or fails.
My experience at Alvin C. York Institute was very enjoyable. Our school has a great atmosphere for learning and student involvement.
Alvin C. York is an overall excellent school to attend. The work environment is very neat and clean. The teachers do whatever it takes to push you to do your very best. School activities and involvement are great. A lot of students come out and support the dragons at just about every game. Overall an excellent school.
Alvin C York is a very good school to send your children if you ever move to Jamestown. The faculty and staff are all very nice as well as some of the students. I wouldn't want anything about this school to change.
During my four years at this high school, it became a great place to be at. The teachers are really helpful and caring. There's a good number of clubs you can join, with them ranging from the Science Club to Student Council. There's also opportunites to get help with your school work if a person is struggling in class. Overall, it's a great school to be at. However, I must say that the school's food must be improved as a better means of being able to get students to eat breakfast and lunch.
It has been a wonderful experience for me at York. The teachers are really interested in the students and are preparing us for college!! Sports are a big part of the school and our coaches are very supportive.
Alvin C. York Institute is a great place to learn and make lifelong friends and memories. I attended school there and now my children are students there. The teachers are personable and do a great job to prepare students for the future.
As a senior of Alvin C. York Institute, the least I could say is that I've enjoyed every minute of it. The teachers are so kind are willing to reach out to any student to help them in all subjects. However, something I would like to see change is something that almost every school has, bullying. Bullying not only hurts the person being bullied but also the schools look from the outside.
There are many extracurriculars available. Everyone should be able to find at least one they are interested in.
It was a small school so you basically knew everybody. Even people in different grades were willing to help each other if they needed it.
All the teachers want their students to succeed and are available if help is needed.
There are several options to choose from and everyone enjoys them.
Start Your Review of Alvin C. York Institute
It was an interesting experience at this school. I think more people are interested in the sports than actually an education.
There are a few teachers who really try to teach the students, but also be friendly and respectful of their ideas. Others, however are not as good.
Highschool sports really made my highschool experience memorable.