Alvin C. York Institute Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B91 Students
- C+62 Students
- A-55 Students
- B44 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Alvin C. York Institute Reviews
During my four years at this high school, it became a great place to be at. The teachers are really helpful and caring. There's a good number of clubs you can join, with them ranging from the Science Club to Student Council. There's also opportunites to get help with your school work if a person is struggling in class. Overall, it's a great school to be at. However, I must say that the school's food must be improved as a better means of being able to get students to eat breakfast and lunch.
As a senior of Alvin C. York Institute, the least I could say is that I've enjoyed every minute of it. The teachers are so kind are willing to reach out to any student to help them in all subjects. However, something I would like to see change is something that almost every school has, bullying. Bullying not only hurts the person being bullied but also the schools look from the outside.
Alvin C. York is an overall excellent school to attend. The work environment is very neat and clean. The teachers do whatever it takes to push you to do your very best. School activities and involvement are great. A lot of students come out and support the dragons at just about every game. Overall an excellent school.