Alverno Heights Academy Reviews

Alverno Heights Academy prepared me to be a confident woman in the academic arena and professional world. I was challenged to be unstoppable and built amazing memories from freshman to senior year.
I'm currently a senior at Alverno Heights Academy and have been attending since entering high school. Alverno is a very small all girls catholic school, which is family oriented. The staff is extremely friendly and care about us students.
Alverno has given me the chance to discover who I am truly meant to be and has shaped me into the leader and young woman I am today. The excellent hands-on curriculum thoroughly prepares you for college, upholding the college preparatory name.
Start Your Review of Alverno Heights Academy
I enjoyed the small campus and the ratio of teachers to students. I was able to become involved in many different activities ranging from academics, clubs, student government and sports.
There are so many clubs you can join. All of Alverno's clubs are really fun and anyone can join. The biggest club on campus is the Science and Math Club.
This school is very unique because it has great academics along with extremely outgoing and friendly people. I have loved every minute that I've been at Alverno.
All the teachers are very approachable and helpful. They go above and beyond with every lesson plan.
I really enjoyed my time at Alverno. I was really shy in middle school and didn't have many friends. I felt like Alverno was a safe environment for me to express myself and make new friends with similar (nerdy!) interests. The science teachers really got me interested in science as a career, and got me interested in biology and genetics, which is what I'm studying now. I feel really grateful that I chose to go here rather than another school.
Teachers all need to be cycled out.
Many changes need to be done at Alverno. It may take all new faculty, staff, and administration for someone to finally figure out that you need to make good choices thinking about the students. It is unacceptable that teachers and admin know all about a particular student's infidelities and their own personal, and sexual, things that occurred.
There was no school nurse so that was unfortunate. On top of this the counseling program contained many unqualified people who gave ridiculous feedback. I never felt the school was very safe until they started locking some of the gates during school hours so people couldn't go off campus during main school hours. We also only have one security guard, and not to be sexist, but she was a thin, pretty, white lady who did not look anywhere near menacing enough to be a security guard.
The school administration was surprisingly more sexist and homophobic than I thought they would be. They kept around terrible math/science teachers and I believe that if I had better teachers I could have also been better at those subjects.
It's only okay because of where I now go to college. I am so happy that the grades I got at Alverno helped me get into my amazing school.
They could have done more to have better clubs. It was almost impossible to start a club at this school.
Great teachers. They really go above and beyond for the students. They are very supportive and more importantly, they know your name and know you personally.
Great

"Outreach" Counselors

College Counselor

Helpful and personable office staff
I only ran track. It was okay.
Start Your Review of Alverno Heights Academy
Alverno was great at preparing me for a University Curriculum. The classes and teachers were challenging enough to more than adequately prepare us for the rigorous requirements at the University.
cant do for clubs fundraising
not a lot of diversity