Alverno Heights Academy is a highly rated, private, all-girls, Catholic school located in Sierra Madre, CA. It has 175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. Tuition is $20,150 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 88% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Alverno Heights Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A-32 Students
- A30 Students
- A25 Students
- A22 Students
- A22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Alverno Heights Academy Reviews
Alverno Heights Academy has a decent background with a liberal environment, which actively supports girls' education, LGBTQ, and equality among races. However, the administration ruins its environment and makes continuous conflicts not only with students, but also with teachers. They emphasize women's voice and feminism, but its administration does not even listen to female students unless they are either popular or wealthy.
Overall, my experience at Alverno Heights Academy has been a growing experience. Alverno helps you grow as a woman, encouraging the philosophy of anything is possible. The faculty and staff are an amazing support system, opening many opportunities. The coaches are open to anyone, giving everyone a fair chance no matter the experience in that sport. In conclusion, the environment is friendly and the variety of classes and clubs gives girls a change to open up their options.
I'm currently a senior at Alverno Heights Academy and have been attending since entering high school. Alverno is a very small all girls catholic school, which is family oriented. The staff is extremely friendly and care about us students.