Alvarado High School Reviews

The issue with bullying needs to be addressed and action taken. A good talking to is not working and something more needs to be done. Remove the bad apple so the kids can learn in a better environment.
Throughout my high school career, I have been absolutely lucky to have been put in the position to where I’m able to apply and get accepted to college. I will forever be greatful if the education I received to put myself here now. But overall Alvarado highschool could do better. They have very good teachers but everything can always be better. Some of the best teachers I’ve ever had left the school to pursue better opportunities elsewhere. That’s the reason I give them 3/5 stars
A very large majority of the staff are rude,food is terrible, and lots of the rules are flat out stupid.
Start Your Review of Alvarado High School
Education is acceptable. There are several career training environments, including a full film broadcast studio and hospital lab, which definitely adds to the overall value. But the thing that is the biggest setback is the admin staff. They're all friends with each other, and are very heavily into the "guilty until proven innocent, but still guilty" scheme. They all have each other's backs, and it has a negative effect on the student.
My experience at Alvarado High School so far has been very good but not always the best. A change I would like to see is for them to offer a profusion amount of school food instead of a small plate which a student cannot get full from.
The film program but needs to have a change of focus. Change focus from football to academics. The school mainly focused on sports so it hurt there academic performance.
What I liked about being a student at Alvarado High School was the school spirit we had and how the teachers never let us down. They always wanted us to succeed and to have a successful career.
I really loved how caring the teachers were. They made it possible for ne to graduate. My only wish is those in the office would be a little bit nicer.
I've been living in Alvarado for a few years now and bullying isn't a big thing here. I've been enrolled in six different schools before Alvarado and this is the first school where I don't get made fun of. Most of the teachers are very nice and want you to succeed, although you might get one in a grade level that just seem bad, but isn't that true for every school? I am currently in all advanced classes and it is more of a challenge for me and I'm glad that I was able to get accepted into them.
My time at Alvarado High School has been a fun and exciting time. There are multiple things that I personally feel need to be changed. The college readiness could be pushed more than what it currently is. The school itself is very good and I can not think to change anything.
I love Alvarado school's. I have been going to Alvarado sense elementary school. I have had really amazing teachers, I have made good friends along the way. There is nothing to really change.
I have been going in the Alvarado ISD school district since the first grade. My time here has been fairly easy and I have reached much success here. This year I am a senior and am ranked second in my class. The dual credit program at AHS is extremely helpful.
I am currently still attending Alvarado High School. I am a freshman at Alvarado High School. The transition from Jr. High to high school was very easy despite all the diversity. All of the teachers, counselors, and administrators were very helpful and understanding when it came down to newcomers transitioning to all the new things such as teachers, rules, and the facility. They made sure I had everything I needed in order to succeed throughout my high school career. All of the teachers offer either before and or after school tutoring where the student can come into the classroom and the teacher will help them understand the material if there was something taught in class that the student may not have understood the first time in class.
Been in Alvarado since the 3rd grade. Love the teachers! Love being in Theater Arts! Mr. Hunt is the best!
i like how everyone is nice and caring to each other . also i like our athletics directors because there are some of the best coaches a team could get .
Alvarado High School does not by any means have the best general classes. In order to actually learn, one must try to join upper level classes, though few do. The teachers do little to encourage their stidents, and often give up before the year even begins, because they don't see an entire class failing as their problem. The only acveption to this are the upper level teachers who actually ENJOY TEACHING. The diversity is horrible, leaving little room for anyone different from the "normal". The racist mascot reflects heavily on how the majority thinks. As far as college readiness, I personally have seen very few people who actually know what they're doing and seem prepared for what's to come. The only thing I have ever found to be fun or above average, are the student led organizations. More often than not, it encourages a student to delve outside their comfort zone and try new things. Something the school as a whole does not seem to encourage.
I loved Alvarado because it's the place where I grew up; I think we actually have a pretty decent curriculum and I think there is a lot of acceptance for the fine arts and sports alike which you don't see in most small school like Alvarado. However, I think there could be some changes just to the general atmosphere of the LGBTQ+ community and a more severe enforcement of drug and tobacco use on campus and on campus property.
Start Your Review of Alvarado High School
I like how our school administration is always there when you need help. They are always working to make you a better student. Also Alvarado is a growing city so we are in a push to advance our learning and facilities.
I think that the people at my school have mad my experience 3 stars, because not everyone cares about school as much as they should. Some people do not care about their grades, that can affect the education of the people around them.
Alvarado High School is a great school to attend. The teaching staff is phenomenal and always gets to know their students on a personal level. The city of Alvarado is continuing to grow creating a constant push to improve and advance the quality of facilities and education.