Altoona Area High School Reviews

Altoona is a decent school. It is a good place to meet new people and get accustomed to a lot of students being in one place. Most of the teaching staff are very friendly with only a few outliers. The academic levels help out those who have a certain work ethic to keep challenging themselves.
The Academics at the AAHS are amazing! There are so many great educational opportunities available for everyone, no matter your interests. There are issues with the administration and safety of the school. There is very little interaction between the student body and the administration.
Although most students did not like AAHS, I believe that their education program is outstanding. Of course they will always be something that someone doesn’t like, but I personally loved the school, along with most of the staff.
Start Your Review of Altoona Area High School
Altoona can be a great school and they are very willing to help students. Only when it is convenient for them though, they can be slightly ridiculous.
I liked how there were so many classes to choose from ..most likely a friendly school. They are very caring and helped me transition from the junior high to highschool.
The teachers are great and the AP and honors program are excellent. I wish the school was more diverse. However, I realize that is hard for a Central Pa school.
Great opportunities for all! There’s a club for almost everything, so everyone has a place to fit in. Because the school is so large, it’s difficult moving from class to class in the short amount of time to get from building to building, I had to run most of the time. Some teachers and staff are very sexist. The education is good, though.
The politics of the school and the preferential treatment of certain student based on who their parents are or who they know.
When I liked at Altoona area high school Was that I got to meet a lot of new people and amazing teachers and along the way I graduated what I would like to see change in Altoona area high school is the building
I enjoy the abundant amount of extracurricular activities, sports, and clubs that are offered at Altoona Area High School. The teachers tend to be widely excepting and open to help students. I would hope to change the lunch menu to include choices for students with Celiacs Disease and other allergens.
Altoona Area High School is a safe school. The one main thing I would change if I could would be the problem with Bullying. Obviously the school itself is not 100% the cause of this but I feel it is more present than it should be.
I've been apart of the Altoona area school district my entire life. It's not perfect and I don't think any school is.
Altoona area school district is amazing, my high school experience was outstanding. The student body was always involved and there was never a student left out,
I like the academics at Altoona Area High School and I also like the choice of clubs for students to participate in. I personally really like the Altoona Area High School Music Department.
I liked some of the teachers and how many activities and classes they provide. However, some of the teachers are extremely rude and bullying has been a huge problem within the last few years.
I made a lot of friends my senior year because involved. I honestly wish I had done so sooner. There are so many clubs and groups to choose from that everyone can have fun somewhere.
AAHS was overall a decent High school. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. Much of the drama essentially ran our school and when I look back if you weren't in our popular kid clique you were disciplined slightly different. All of my teachers I had averaged to be pretty good. My senior year was a ton of fun and if I have any advice to the younger kids. You're only a high school senior once.... enjoy it, responsibly.
Start Your Review of Altoona Area High School
Altoona Area High School provided an amusing point in my life. This school is overall pretty great compared to other high schools. The school is full of diversity, so I was able to make friends of all kinds. Almost all of the teachers showed care and support in my academic career, and put effort into understanding my teenage life. The clubs were decent, but that is because a lot of the finances went to the sports more than the clubs. It was a little upsetting. College readiness was not exactly a keen point in this high school, though. However, I did not take Advanced Placement classes, so it is unsure on how much different it was. I was able to use some skills and techniques from several classes, but college was definitely a lot different. I think Altoona Area High School needs to add life skills to the curriculum. I was not prepared whatsoever for life after I graduated, and in today's society, it is a big necessity to know how to live.
Altoona Area High School is a school chalked full with opportunity. There are several clubs, sports, and organizations to be a part of. It really gives you the chance to help others, all while finding yourself. The teachers love their jobs, and will even treat you like family. They will fight for you when you need them, and really help you through the hard times. Many students that attend the school are living in poverty, living with abusive parents, living with nothing. The teachers and faculty will help the student(s) find a better path. The Altoona Area High School, though large in size, acts like a family.
The Altoona Area High School is easily the best Secondary Educational School in West Central Pennsylvania. Most teachers are more than willing to help and assist students.