Altoona Area High School is an above average, public school located in Altoona, PA. It has 1,684 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Altoona Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+275 Students
- B209 Students
- A156 Students
- B-141 Students
- C+104 Students
- A-95 Students
- B87 Students
- C+85 Students
- A-77 Students
- B73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Altoona Area High School
- B+Tyrone Area High School
- Tyrone Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- C+Bellwood-Antis High School
- Bellwood-Antis School District, PA
- 78 reviews
- B-Cambria Heights Senior High School
- Cambria Heights School District, PA
- 80 reviews
- BPenn Cambria High School
- Penn Cambria School District, PA
- 70 reviews
Altoona Area High School Reviews
Altoona High has a lot of clubs for everyone’s interests! Whether it be music, sports, or clubs that sharpen your academic skills; Altoona has the club! The teachers are all very supportive of their students.
The Academics at the AAHS are amazing! There are so many great educational opportunities available for everyone, no matter your interests. There are issues with the administration and safety of the school. There is very little interaction between the student body and the administration.
It is a good school, but it has been annoying to deal with all the construction. Almost all of the teachers are great. I love all of mine they help me to actually learn the information while making it interesting to learn. There is a fair amount of diversity and a lot of the teachers and counselors are willing to help you get ready for your after school experience whether it is in college or another type of schooling they offer to write recommendations and other things to help you.