Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Altamont High School is a public school located in Altamont, UT. It has 274 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+38 Students
- A22 Students
- C+21 Students
- B18 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+13 Students
- C+12 Students
- A+10 Students
- B+7 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Altamont High School Reviews
I have never liked high school, but I have made some really good friends with other students and the staff. All of the teachers know everybody and listen to us and help us when we need them. For as little students as there are, you would think they would all talk to one another, but they do not. They have their groups, and will not really let anyone else into them. I've learned to not trust anyone though, and have had a hard time with being open and honest to my own friends. I have learned many important things at school and learned to not let anyone else interfere with my learning. Overall its high school has been a wonderful learning experience.
I am currently attending college and using the skills I learned from my previous teachers in every day situations. I was very nervous after graduation, but by having certain deadlines through out my senior year in highschool I earned many scholarships and use them to help pay for my college and to earn my degree.
Altamont High School got a new building 2 years ago, which is now one of the most advanced buildings in the Uintah Basin. All classrooms have the capability for all technology uses and to further educate students. They also started doing college prep courses this current year.