Altamont High School is an above average, public school located in Altamont, IL. It has 251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 24.5% of students are at least proficient in math and 54.5% in reading.
Altamont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B23 Students
- B+19 Students
- B19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B17 Students
- B14 Students
- A9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Altamont High School
- B+South Central High School
- South Central Community Unit School District No. 401, IL
- 28 reviews
- B+Teutopolis High School
- Teutopolis Community Unit School District No. 50, IL
- 48 reviews
- BEffingham High School
- Effingham Community Unit School District No. 40, IL
- 116 reviews
- B+Brownstown High School
- Brownstown Community Unit School District No. 201, IL
- 26 reviews
Altamont High School Reviews
This school has allowed me to be very involved in numerous activities. In a small community like Altamont, our high school thrives on building relationships among peers and teachers alike. I have had some of the best teachers in the world from this institution.
My school takes sports extremely serious, especially basketball. All the students have pride and spirit for our teams and love to make sure they know they are supported!
The academics offered at this school are pretty good. I like most of the teachers that teach in this school. My math teacher is the perfect teacher for her job, and I think she fits perfectly for dual credit classes she teaches. Also my chemistry teacher is very devoted to his career and will stay after school with you for a student to understand a concept. My english teachers have all been wonderful and they are very helpful, and nice!