Alta Vista High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Tucson, AZ. It has 438 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Alta Vista High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-89 Students
- C73 Students
- A38 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A17 Students
- A+12 Students
- B10 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Alta Vista High School Reviews
Though the school has a limited amount of extracurricular activities, the ones that I have personally participated in were great! The school offers dance/cheer, National Honors Society, Creative Writing, and Student Council as extra curricular activities. I believe the most participation by students goes to Student Council. They are in charge of Pep Assemblies, Spirit Week, and decorating the school as well as garnering funds for activities like prom. National Honors Society is more exclusive, and pay more attention tov the happenings in the community. We have met up for park clean-ups, where we clean a local park we have "adopted" and volunteer, raise money for charities and toy drives, and various activities that give back in some way.
I am a senior at Alta Vista, graduating in 2 to 3 months. I have attended Alta Vista for the last two years, and I can simply say it is an amazing school. Not only has it provided me with the education needed but the support from the staff in difficult times. I've gotten so close to the administration & the teachers, graduating & leaving will be hard. All the teachers are there because they want to be there and they truly care about every single students. Alta Vista makes me feel safe, the officers on duty and the administration make sure of that. I have stayed at school late, or arrived super early and it has become like a second home to me. They encourage all the students to have perfect attendance and reward them with a free trip to Knott's Berry Farm. Also if they pass all the AIMS at Alta Vista sophomore year they are rewarded a FREE trip to Disneyland senior year.
Alta Vista High School is an excellent school. The teachers have tutoring 3 times a week and sometime even all week when not busy. They have one-on-one communication and interactions with students. The staff at Alta Vista is always available when needed and are on top of everything. They have a PSEI committee which focuses on helping graduating students make a plan for after graduation. Alta Vista helps with credit recovery when failing classes at other schools. It also helps students earn credits faster and early graduation. Alta Vista is a great learning environment it has helped me plan for my future career.