Alta Loma High School Reviews

The campus is very clean and organized. It is a small school but we have a great academic program and are listed as a gold ribbon school. Everybody has so much school pride and the football games are full of spirit. The teachers truly care about your education and will provide help whenever needed to students who show they want to succeed. The school provides so many resources for the students to assist them in graduating and being ready for college.
I have enjoyed my high school because they give me the attention I need and I have had opportunities to excel in academics and in sports. Also, being a dyslexic student I have had the support I needed to be successful and to pursue my dream of attending a 4 year college when I graduate. I was just accepted with honors at my preferred college and will begin classes in the Fall of 2018.
Most teachers I've had don't teach properly. They seem to be unprofessional at times, and offtrack. Plus, the guidance office consist of employers who seem volatile and unkeen to answering question (in a unfriendly tone). Plus, the bathrooms need much improvement.
Start Your Review of Alta Loma High School
I liked that the teachers wanted to see us succeed, although I wish it was a more personal experience.
At Alta Loma High School you can expect a modest sized high school that is quite diverse with its staff and students. There's little problem with bullying and the people are generally nice. So far I am quite content with my experience
I wouldn't say I always loved my school. In fact, I hated every minute of it. The majority of my classmates are privilaged and white. And my fellow latinos and I were essentially cast out of the picture. This is when I decided to take matters into consideration and took action. I applied for ASB and many other clubs, and got rejected. So I decided to make a club of my own! Latin Moves. It was the best thing I could've possibly done. Not only did it unite my fellow peers but it made me actually have a little sense of school pride. I couldn't imagine what I would do without that tiny little club that meant so much to me.
My experience at Alta Loma High School was one I probably wouldn't receive at any other high school. The environment is nothing but safe and positive. The campus is maintained by security and kept clean everyday. The student body acts as one as they show unbelievable pride. As a former varsity volleyball player, I can say that the athletics program strives to be better every year and the support the teams give each other is unconditional. The school is successful academically and employs passionate teachers which most are alumni. They all not only love to teach, however they truly care for their students. It is because of this family feel Alta Loma radiates that I consider it home.
Alta Loma has its ups and downs. My favorite part is how diverse it is. There is no pressure to be someone your not, everyone is super down to earth and just themselves. The downside is, it was a very old campus and may not have the funding to modernize the utilities and resources the students may need.
I liked the teachers and their dedication to helping students learn. They really push you to your best potential and allow for substantial growth. The school spirit is booming and the faculty are dedicated to their jobs.
I really enjoyed my first 3 years at Alta Loma. My freshman year I was able to have the best link crew leaders that helped me become acoustomed to the high school setting. Now as a senior, it would be my second year as a link crew leader. Link Leaders are a great addition the the Alta Loma family. They help the freshman and allow them to have other people to come to for advice.
Alta loma is a California gold ribbon school which is a great honor to be apart of a school with such a title. It contains a beautiful campus, friendly staff, and contains much academic and sport competition. Something minor I would like to see change from my school would just be the dress code.
I liked the diversity of the school as well as the way that students were treated by the teacher. The principal was very in tune with the students and was always around and showed them that the staff cared.
The teachers are very attentive in the students' education, and care a lot for the their success. My exerience in this school was fairly satisfying. The academics were challenging and, without a doubt, prepared me for college. The administration was incredibly helpful with my problems through the college application and admissions process. The food sucks though; its better to bring your own lunch. There are security guards on campus in case of emergency. When there isn't an emergency, they are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Decent sized campus. Administrators want to help except finding availability for them is difficult sometimes. 4th period is an "Academy" period that I think is helpful. Getting to class is sometimes a challenge because the halls ways get crowded quickly but no problem navigating the campus and getting to class is quick.
I really like my experience at Alta Loma High. The teachers are all very nice, and are always there for you.
Alta Loma is a school that is currently growing and becoming better. Every teacher and staff member there is working hard to help Alta Loma achieve greatness.
Overall my experience while attending Alta Loma was not satisfying. There were pros and cons in being an Alta Loma student. Personally, I enjoyed being part of the Varsity soccer team. The soccer program was taken seriously at this school because it was one of the better sports programs. My experience as an athlete was the highlight of being a student at this high school. Obviously, academics should be the priority of a high school. During my time here (2009-2013) I noticed that struggling or “average grade” students were not paid as much attention to as the “better” students. I observed this as an “A” math student, in which I noticed friends would struggle with the subject and wouldn’t receive help unless they pressured the teachers to do so. Meanwhile, the teachers would applaud and give advice for the future to thriving students.
Start Your Review of Alta Loma High School
At Alta Loma High School, I really like how everyone is involved in school activities and representing the school with school spirit. All of the teachers and administration are extremely nice and they all care about your experience in high school, and they make sure you are on the right track to attend college. Things I would change about Alta Loma High School would be the cliques and how everyone stereotypes each other, but that is just high school in general and being a teenager. I would also change the student parking lot because many upper class students drive and it takes a half hour to get out of your parking spot, and I have witnessed and have even been in car accidents in the parking lot.
I love Alta Loma high school. The teachers are amazing and go above and beyond to help you achieve your goals. The athletic programs are well organized and fair to athletes.
My experience at Alta Loma High School has been truly incredible. Our administrators are amazingly caring and invested in the well being and education of the students and go out of their way to attend every event and know all the students. The same is true for the teachers, who put in countless hours both before and after school trying to help the students and they care immensely about them all. At Alta Loma their is a pride that comes with representing the Braves that I've seen unmatched at all other schools.