Alta High School Reviews

Alta High is a very accepting environment overall, with a good sense of community between the teachers and the students. The sports and spirit activities are fun, and there is a good selection of non-academic extracurriculars. Overall, it's a great school, and I'm glad I chose to transfer to it.
Alta high school has college prep programs unmatched by any other school in the state. By applying to Step to the U at the end of Junior year, and completing the program duting the summers after Junior and Senior year, students can graduate with their associates degree. Alta's art department is of high quality in comparison to other high schools in the area, with teachers using technology within the arts. Some teachers have been teaching at Alta for the school's entirety; they have a passion for teaching students and giving them opportunities other public schools do not have.
I enjoyed my time here, and the connections I made. I'd like to see more emphasis put into teaching students life skills, such as filing taxes, changing your car's oil or tires, organizational skills, how to buy a house and make investments. Things that students will need more often than knowing the quadratic formula.
Start Your Review of Alta High School
The students here are nicer than most other schools. Very friendly, with a good amount of helpful teachers. The athletics are pretty good, and the students are very supportive and fun.
Teachers in AP and higher classes are there to help you and passionate about what they do. Sports participation and school spirit could definetly be improved.
The teachers at Alta High are very concerned with the success and happiness of their students. The general morale of the school is upbeat, and from my experiences, there is not much I felt I missed out on.
I think this school is so welcoming and the want to see you take a step forward into your future, giving us opportunities like the step to the U it really helped some of my fellow classmates to take classes at the university of Utah and saving them so much money
I loved the involvement in athletic events and school dances. I would wish to see the administration more actively involved with the students. I feel like since the school is so big a lot of kids seem to fall through the cracks. Overall I had a great experience with my teachers and my time there, but I knew a few too many kids who weren't given a chance.
I loved going to Alta. I went to a different school before attending Alta, and the comparison was outstanding. The teachers care so much, the student body is so friendly, and the atmosphere is just GOOD.
I like the classes and teachers. This school is helping me prepare for college & my future beyond. It is easy for anyone to get involved, & there’s a positive & healthy atmosphere most of the time. The people are really great, the programs are really great, & Alta has great opportunities that many are able to get involved with.
I love Alta! It has been home for 4 years now and I can’t say enough good things about it. It truly has been an experience and has lead me to some great relationships that I will forever cherish. This school and the people in it have made me who I am today, besides my parents.
I loved the many different clubs and after-school activities that were open to students! I feel that the teachers, in general, were interested in helping the students to learn the material and subject as well as supporting the students in other activities too (such as clubs or AP classes). There is also a range of classes offered from technology focused to art to the normal subjects to AP and concurrent courses. Alta High is trying (on multiple fronts) to prepare students to go (and do well) to college or trade schools or into the workforce according to the student.
I love the accepting atmosphere of the school and all the advanced classes they offer. I wish that the Arts programs were better funded.
Good teachers and a awide variety of classes. Like every high school, it's a hit or miss on the people there. The building needs some renovating but I have never felt more connected to the students there. Strong School Spirit. So so many activities.
Education seemed adequate, made good friends, fun sports programs. Pretty big class sizes, probably sacrificed individual attention.
Alta is a wonderful school! The faculty and staff really are there to help the students to progress in life. I had many teachers who really wanted to help every student to enjoy learning and to do well in school. They have also recently done some renovations on the school so they could better accommodate everyone in attendance.
I liked the atmosphere Alta had. The students have a lot of school pride. Pep rallies, dances, sporting events, and their wide variety of clubs made my experience there so much more exciting. The administration has never really been all that helpful, and the educational system screwed me over a lot, but all in all, I had a really positive experience attending this school.
Start Your Review of Alta High School
The School needs renovations. There are too many students but, overall a good school. The Air conditioner/Heat does not work .
alta high school is a great school with great students and teachers. there is a lot of diversity and it is welcoming to everyone
I love how involved the teachers are with their students! Alta is a very useful and helpful high school! One thing I would like to see change is the athletic program. The athletic program is good but can be better!