Alta High School is an above average, public school located in Sandy, UT. It has 1,718 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Alta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A419 Students
- B+315 Students
- B-295 Students
- A+260 Students
- B144 Students
- C+136 Students
- C+104 Students
- B+90 Students
- B-74 Students
- B-67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Alta High School Reviews
As I have spent four years at Alta high school I have learned a lot due to excellent teachers and hardworking peers. I have enjoyed my experience here, the students have a ton of school spirit! The teachers work with the students to keep them on track and the counselors are very involved.
Alta is a wonderful school! The faculty and staff really are there to help the students to progress in life. I had many teachers who really wanted to help every student to enjoy learning and to do well in school. They have also recently done some renovations on the school so they could better accommodate everyone in attendance.
I had an amazing experience at Alta High School. I never had a friend group, or was involved in any sports or clubs, but everyone at Alta was very including and nice. I honestly believe that everyone is very genuine with each other at Alta. There are lots of activities, dances, and clubs. There is always something to do or a club for you if your'e interested. The only thing that Alta High School lacks is diversity, but thats not something that Alta can change its just because the demographic is mostly caucasian in the draper and sandy area.