Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Alta High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sandy, UT. It has 2,137 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Alta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A598 Students
- B+436 Students
- B-400 Students
- A+327 Students
- B204 Students
- C+175 Students
- C+165 Students
- B+134 Students
- B-103 Students
- B-101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Alta High School Reviews
Alta High school is great! I am graduating here soon and I must say that Alta has a great school spirit and culture. The academics here are top-notch and students are guided towards college so easily. Our school has become partners with some of the local colleges (Salt Lake Community College, University of Utah) in order to provide the best education for students as they transition to college. The staff at Alta High are wonderful and make connections with students. A recent bond was passed in our community allowing for a much-needed renovation of our school; with this bond, the school will become a better place for students to learn and grow.
Alta is one of the best schools. . .ever. Everyone has a place at this school and we are extremely united. We have some of the best teachers. There are so many clubs that you can join and you can even make your own one! There are also so many things you can also do to get involved. These things include, but are not limited to. . . Dance company, ballroom, sports, choir robotics, band, etc. Alta is like my second home. It is a place where you don't have to worry about not being accepted. Alta is for everyone.
Alta High School has made a huge impact on who I am today. This place is more than just a school, it is like a huge family. I have been on my schools Dance Company for the past 2 years so I have been able to see how much the school gets involved in the community! I am sad to graduate because that means saying goodbye, but I know that Alta High School has given me all the skills I need to become successful in the real world. I am proud to be a Hawk.