Alta High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-288 Students
- B+206 Students
- A+179 Students
- B-179 Students
- B-108 Students
- B86 Students
- C+62 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Alta High School Reviews
Review Alta High School
It was fantastic! I really struggled with health challenges my junior and senior year, and the help I received was unbelievable. Not only were most of my teachers exceptionally willing to assist and work with me, but the administration was as well.
I attended Alta High School from 10th - 12th grade, I personally had very few negative experiences (if any), but everyone is different. With this school, it was typically based off of "you get what you give." Teachers recognized effort and hard work, but also recognized laziness and genuine interest. Which I believe, is exactly how it should be. A big downside to Canyon's School District, was the school lunches provided. Having little to no healthy alternatives made it very difficult for students such as myself (in sports) to make good choices. Especially with a school known for their successes in sports, they should be fueling their athletes the best way they can.
Alta High School was a large school with a lot of different programs and classes available to fit the interests and pursuits of all of it's students. The academic and arts departments were staffed by competent and helpful teachers, and the sports programs were very skilled at preparing student athletes to play in college. Some of my most inspiring teachers were at Alta, notably my Chemistry, Physics, and AP Language and Literacy teachers. Their teaching sparked my interest in science, eventually leading me to pursue a career in Exercise Sciences, as well as assisted me a great deal in learning how to craft both professional and rhetoric essays. My time was also spent in the Peer Leadership Team, one of the many clubs that Alta provides, teaching elementary students about the dangers of drugs and alcohol abuse and putting on Christmas programs for senior centers. In conclusion, Alta High School has something for every student that is willing to apply themselves to their passions.