Alta High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sandy, UT. It has 1,655 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Alta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A442 Students
- B+335 Students
- B-314 Students
- A+278 Students
- B152 Students
- C+139 Students
- C+107 Students
- B+97 Students
- C+79 Students
- C+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Alta High School Reviews
I loved the many different clubs and after-school activities that were open to students! I feel that the teachers, in general, were interested in helping the students to learn the material and subject as well as supporting the students in other activities too (such as clubs or AP classes). There is also a range of classes offered from technology focused to art to the normal subjects to AP and concurrent courses. Alta High is trying (on multiple fronts) to prepare students to go (and do well) to college or trade schools or into the workforce according to the student.
I love Alta! It has been home for 4 years now and I can’t say enough good things about it. It truly has been an experience and has lead me to some great relationships that I will forever cherish. This school and the people in it have made me who I am today, besides my parents.
As I have spent four years at Alta high school I have learned a lot due to excellent teachers and hardworking peers. I have enjoyed my experience here, the students have a ton of school spirit! The teachers work with the students to keep them on track and the counselors are very involved.