Alpine High School is an above average, public school located in Alpine, TX. It has 272 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Alpine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-40 Students
- C+39 Students
- B34 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Alpine High School Reviews
As a student at Alpine High, I saw many of our resources dis-proportionally allocated. Our Academic UIL teams are stellar and with proper materials would make it to state yearly. In my time at leas 70% of our competitors make it to regional competition. Our sports never go past bi-district. Yet, the budget for sports is much larger and the focus much greater than academics.
Some teachers are great, the others are awful. There's not really an in between. The school is old and serves as a hazard to the students, yet the town refuses to pass a law allowing a new school to be built because they're afraid of taxes. A kid literally got hit in the head with a ceiling panel two days ago, yet I doubt no one will care enough to realize that a new school is necessary. You can have success at this school, but you have to actively want it.
I love the opportunities to take classes that will benefit my future career. The resources provided by the school allow us to use technology to enhance our learning. However, the high school itself is very old and run down. The food provided by the school is mediocre at best, but the lunch ladies are very friendly. Overall, my experience at Alpine High School has been a very pleasant one to say the least.