Alpharetta High School is a top rated, public school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 2,033 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Alpharetta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+521 Students
- B+297 Students
- A+238 Students
- B+165 Students
- B159 Students
- A+153 Students
- A+113 Students
- A110 Students
- A+91 Students
- B88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 137 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Alpharetta High School Reviews
Alpharetta High School is a fairly good school. It is a top 300 public high school according to the US News. Academics are very challenging and prepares us students very well for college. Most teachers truly care about the students’ future and tries their all in getting to know the students as people as well and not just a student through engagement by conversations. The only area Alpharetta High School could see improvements is by improving the extracurricular systems. The parents dedicate a lot of their money and time to have the best extracurricular environment for students to engage in. However, if the school could invest more towards students’ extracurricular activities aside from the parents, it would be even better. Overall, Alpharetta High School is an excellent school and I feel well-prepared for college after receiving education from here.
Overall, I believe Alpharetta High School is a great school, and it undoubtedly has rigorous courses intended to prepare you for college. The food is alright some times, but usually tastes bad, has very small portions, and the occasional spoiled milk. Our school spirit isn't the best and is usually the source of many jokes on campus, however, it isn't that unusual for high schools. There are many quality teachers who genuinely care about their students at this school that creates a very friendly environment. The school administration is pretty average, but makes some poor decision with bad weather conditions and off campus privileges for seniors/juniors.
Alpharetta High School is a really good school. The school provides the best education and it gives people an opportunity to get involved into clubs like FBLA, HOSA, etc. Alpharetta High School is one step ahead in safety. People have to enter the building with an ID card that they receive so that strangers won't be able to enter the building. The school provides excellent resources in which students can apply for scholarships or they can prepare for SAT. Student in this school are disciplined and they work hard to achieve their goals.