Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Alpharetta High School is a top rated, public school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 2,268 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Alpharetta High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+804 Students
- B517 Students
- A+368 Students
- A+272 Students
- B237 Students
- B+236 Students
- A179 Students
- A+171 Students
- A131 Students
- A+130 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.65 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.65 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Alpharetta High School Reviews
Alpharetta High School has provided so a wide range of wonderful opportunities both with academics and extracurriculars. The staff and teachers are helpful, caring, and kind towards their students. They put the needs of the students first before anything else. I loved sending my child there everyday!
A good school for a specific person. Kids who are interested in STEM will find lots of support and well-funded classes and activities geared to their interests. However, it is not a great school for kids interested in liberal arts. Students are pushed by administration towards STEM fields, other students often belittle those who are interest in arts and humanities, and many activities and classes related to those subjects don't receive necessary attention or funding from the school and administration. In addition, there is a very competitive academic environment. For some kids, this is great. But if your child is someone who likes to do things because they enjoy them and want to savor learning and experiences, this is not the place for them. There is very much a do-it-for-the-college-apps mindset here, and there is little done by administration to solve it and make a place for students who don't fit with this environment.
Alpharetta High School is an excellent high school in my experience. The students are kind and helpful, and most of the teachers are caring and funny. As having another language for home language, the teachers and students helped me a lot either on the way of studying and life. I love the school!