Alpena High School Reviews

My HighSchool was okay. They had a great education system and a wide variety of programs for most students needs. Would have liked to see a film class
Alpena high school was an okay school, but they cared more about their sports teams than their other students. It seemed that all of the athletic kids got a free ride and the rest of us had to fight our way to graduation. I would like to see these views change and there be more equality brought to this school.
Could be worse. Could be better. Classic small town high school with an extremely homogeneous population.
Start Your Review of Alpena High School
My experience at Alpena High School was great! Of course, at every school there is that one teacher who you just really don't like who I came across but the majority of my teachers were friendly, helpful, and understanding. Whenever I had a problem or was in need of help I always knew there would be someone to go to. It always felt like a safe and secure learning environment and offered many extra things to get involved in. We had everything from Culture Club to National Honor Society and everything in between. I really cannot think of many things that I would say wow I really wish my school would have offered me.
The school is full of great teachers that are able to help you out. I would like to see more electives that have to do with your life outside of High School to prepair us.
School grounds are well kept and cared for, as well as the students. Teachers work well with students and their goals. Would like to see a wider variety of electives.
Everyone was helpful and encouraging.
Over all I didn't enjoy the school very much but as a student going through high school not very many enjoy there time there. I did make my place at AHS; I made friends; I joined sports and group, and over all use my time wisely at the high school. But if you ask me to do it all over again, there is absolutely no chance I would say yes. I am glad to be out of there and doing more important task for my life, like college and getting a job.
the academics cover all students those who need extra help and those who need more of a challenge
peer pressure can be a problem for some students
I have never felt unsafe at this school
the staff is great and will take time out of their schedule to help you
what makes this school unique is that we had a utility technology program and we had a climbing lab inside and outside
the classes are smaller so you can ask questions and really get the help you need
Students are involved in many school activities. Peer pressure is sometimes an issue and it is not always good peer pressure, unfortunately.
The teachers are all exceptionally caring for their students and are always there to help them. The scheduling process I found was stressful and confusing, but my coucellor helped me get through it. The workload for all my classes are tolerable.
I feel safe and comfortable at my school.
Start Your Review of Alpena High School
this is the best you couldn't ask for i don't know any place better
they are fun for those who participate in the activities
some are good some are bad depends on the teacher