Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay Reviews

Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High is excellent when it comes to college preparation with its rigorous courseload. However, it also has an unhealthy competitive culture.
Though ATM is not a bad school, there are some things that could be fixed that would help a lot. It's very rare that you get a good teacher that wants to teach their students. More than likely, you're going to end up with one or two classes in your schedule where you won't learn anything.
Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High, is your average high school. It is a small school, so everyone pretty much knows everyone. Although I can't really complain about the four years that I've spent here, I wish there were things that could've changed to see the school grow and the students engage and want to engage more with the school and each other. I wish the school, had more school spirit, and administration wouldn't be so boring compared to other schools like Micheal Krop. I believe administration would try and handle certain situations better, instead of having students write on a paper what happened and not really doing anything about it. The facilities a long with the food could be better, but I guess repainting the walls are more important then the students health.
Start Your Review of Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay
I have not yet graduated from Alonzo Tracy mourning senior high, but my experience so far has been great. The classes at ATM are highly educational and we have some of the best teachers that really work hard to make sure you succeed and graduate.
During my time at this high school, I became more academically involved and college ready. The teaching is rigorous and that's what makes it an amazing school - it gives you the option to challenge yourself. An improvement that could be made is the food service and willingness of the administrators to help the students out. Overall though, this is a great school and I would definitely recommend it for high-potential students.
This school isn't terrible, but it definitely isn't great. The teachers range form spectacular -Ms. Diallo, Mr. Portnoy, Ms. Oneil and Ms. Ikeler -to absolutely horrible and there is very few in-between. The classes are alright and there is tutoring after school if needed but not for every class and often with the same teacher so if their style is not working for you, there is no other option. The library is almost never open and there is no nurse but when the library is open, it has a good selection. The school is very diverse and the culture is pretty good. The counselors provide good college advice but take forever. There is a good selection of clubs and sports. The food is horrible but there is a healthy section which is nice.
Overall the school is alright -especially under Mr. Shinn's guidance- but there are many things that can be fixed.
It's an above average school; the teachers are involved and do their best to give students a high-quality learning experience. There are many clubs and opportunities to get involved both during school and after as well.
The past 4 years have been great. My teachers have made a lasting impression on me. I feel like i’m ready for college. We have the best college counselor around. We also have some of the best teachers in their subject at this school; for example, our biology, chemistry, human geography, and calculus instructors are top of the line.
I was really impressed with the diversity at ATM. There are so many people from so many different countries and backgrounds.
Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School has become a part of my family. When I entered as a freshman, I had just moved to Florida from N.Y.. I had no friends and it was just me, my mother and sister alone in a new state. The teachers made feel welcomed and were in contact with my mother weekly. Two years later I have found my calling in life thanks to my AP Psychology teacher. She has made psychology a part of my daily life and not for just 2 hours a day in a classroom. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.
Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay, has been and is constantly changing with time. Ever since the new principal came in -- Mr. Shinn, the school has been improving... greatly. He's added more aesthetic to it, more organization, cleanliness, and a much better staff. There's a large variety of students, from low to high-income families, from Russians to Haitians, and both good and bad influences. One just needs to find the right people, it may seem hard to find the right friends at first but it is not impossible. Academic wise, if you are not in honors or AP/DE, there won't be much learning... Overall, it is not a great school nor a terrible one, especially considering all the other public high school options, but if you are able to afford a private school or get into a more prestigious school like MAC or DASH, you should definitely take that path.
Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High is an amazing School, not because its an A school but because its schools guides you to Success. I love how the school is so diverse like a melting pot where I can learn different things feom different cultures/people. Overall, ATM goal is to guide you into something remarkable and they do just that.
I would like to see a change in the quality of school lunch, it was very troubling and disgusting. Students didn't get much nutrients from it.
Great school with academics a bit above average but lacks clubs and activites that attracts and draw student for college readiness and life skills.
I was given a great selection of courses for a student with distinct achievements in certain fields. Teachers were flexible, offering me additional opportunities based on my successes, always there to assist. Dr. Gottfried is a spectacular teacher and a great mentor whom I adore dearly. The administration takes its sweet time to fulfill requests, sometimes parent involvement is required to solve problems. Not all opportunities are given, I had to ask my CAP advisor for information I should've gotten, like all other students, by e-mail. The food is average, but there's a "healthy food" line in the cafeteria.
My experience with Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School began as a transfer senior student. As a transfer student at this school I felt comfortable leaving my previous school. made me feel. Teachers and staff were extremely friendly. The academics at this school are at a high standard which is great for students considering college. I thank all the teachers and staff for preparing me for college. I am now a college sophomore feeling confident in my academic abilities.
My experience at Alonzo Tracy I can say was a very good one, I practically grew up with my class because we attended the same middle school which was literally right across the street from the campus. This gave us a very small community feel where everyone knew each other many years back. One thing I would definitely consider them changing is lack of academies, I feel like there should be more options. Being that high school is the step before college, it would better prepare students for the college life that is coming ahead of them.
Start Your Review of Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay
My experience at Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School Biscayne Bay was a fun one. The Reason I say that because even though I only attended the school for my Junior and Senior year they truly made me feel like was apart of the family the students and the teacher made me feel like I was truly a shark and that what I loved about the school is that they made me feel like family.
Compared to other schools around Miami dade county. This school did not have a lot of school spirit. It was also sad that only certain students were allowed to attend pep rally's and this is because the size of the gym. Overall this school needs to have more school wide events that everyone can participate in and the administration should support and encourage students to participate
The school has weird architecture which made it confusing for me in the beginning of my freshman year. The teachers at this school are pretty cool. Many of them are coaches for sports like tennisnm, soccer, and football. The teachers I had were really good. I recommend making sure you have school uniform on and come to school on time everyday. Overall my highschool experience as a freshman was good.