Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay Reviews

Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay, has been and is constantly changing with time. Ever since the new principal came in -- Mr. Shinn, the school has been improving... greatly. He's added more aesthetic to it, more organization, cleanliness, and a much better staff. There's a large variety of students, from low to high-income families, from Russians to Haitians, and both good and bad influences. One just needs to find the right people, it may seem hard to find the right friends at first but it is not impossible. Academic wise, if you are not in honors or AP/DE, there won't be much learning... Overall, it is not a great school nor a terrible one, especially considering all the other public high school options, but if you are able to afford a private school or get into a more prestigious school like MAC or DASH, you should definitely take that path.
Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High is an amazing School, not because its an A school but because its schools guides you to Success. I love how the school is so diverse like a melting pot where I can learn different things feom different cultures/people. Overall, ATM goal is to guide you into something remarkable and they do just that.
I would like to see a change in the quality of school lunch, it was very troubling and disgusting. Students didn't get much nutrients from it.
Start Your Review of Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay
Great school with academics a bit above average but lacks clubs and activites that attracts and draw student for college readiness and life skills.
I was given a great selection of courses for a student with distinct achievements in certain fields. Teachers were flexible, offering me additional opportunities based on my successes, always there to assist. Dr. Gottfried is a spectacular teacher and a great mentor whom I adore dearly. The administration takes its sweet time to fulfill requests, sometimes parent involvement is required to solve problems. Not all opportunities are given, I had to ask my CAP advisor for information I should've gotten, like all other students, by e-mail. The food is average, but there's a "healthy food" line in the cafeteria.
My experience with Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School began as a transfer senior student. As a transfer student at this school I felt comfortable leaving my previous school. made me feel. Teachers and staff were extremely friendly. The academics at this school are at a high standard which is great for students considering college. I thank all the teachers and staff for preparing me for college. I am now a college sophomore feeling confident in my academic abilities.
My experience at Alonzo Tracy I can say was a very good one, I practically grew up with my class because we attended the same middle school which was literally right across the street from the campus. This gave us a very small community feel where everyone knew each other many years back. One thing I would definitely consider them changing is lack of academies, I feel like there should be more options. Being that high school is the step before college, it would better prepare students for the college life that is coming ahead of them.
My experience at Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School Biscayne Bay was a fun one. The Reason I say that because even though I only attended the school for my Junior and Senior year they truly made me feel like was apart of the family the students and the teacher made me feel like I was truly a shark and that what I loved about the school is that they made me feel like family.
Compared to other schools around Miami dade county. This school did not have a lot of school spirit. It was also sad that only certain students were allowed to attend pep rally's and this is because the size of the gym. Overall this school needs to have more school wide events that everyone can participate in and the administration should support and encourage students to participate
The school has weird architecture which made it confusing for me in the beginning of my freshman year. The teachers at this school are pretty cool. Many of them are coaches for sports like tennisnm, soccer, and football. The teachers I had were really good. I recommend making sure you have school uniform on and come to school on time everyday. Overall my highschool experience as a freshman was good.
I liked how the classes were really easy. But I would like to see them change the school lunch, teachers teaching better and be more understanding.
It is a very good school ,offers all level courses and the teachers are very willing to help but the school also has a slight drug problem, many students have been caught smoking weed in the bathroom and doing other types of drugs.
Very good school. Teachers were nice and very caring. I learned a lot from them. Great learning environment, teachers took time to help all students no matter what.
This is a small school and has good teachers, their environment is clean and healthy, students are involved in school activities, the only reason this school didn't get a 5 star review from me is because, it is a small school and does not have a big variety of classes for students to choose from, when I went there my electives were very simple and not interesting compared to the classes that I had in the previous high school that I attended
I graduated from Alonzo and Tracy Mourning SR. High School in 2014. I believe that we were the best class there. Overall, I enjoyed my experience there and I made some wonderful memories there all throughout my senior year. My best years were my junior and senior years. my junior year started off bad, but then my best friend had transferred to Alonzo and Tracy Mourning and right there, I knew my year would be fun as long as I'm with her. Fast forward to our senior year A.K.A, the best year of my life! All throughout my senior year, it was surrounded by good friends and good memories. All of our senior activities were absolutely amazing and fun. It was possible to our sponsors. Our class sponsors would do anything and everything possible for our graduating class to attend our senior activities and made sure that we all had fun.
Great teachers and amazing facility. I highly recommend taking your children to this school it is a great place to learn, grow, and become an all around person. I AM BLESSED
I'm currently a senior in Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High and the school is pretty good, especially for a public school. They offer many AP and Honors courses, most of the teachers are nice and know what they're doing. Despite the school lacking in school spirit and the administrators being hard to track down at times, it's still a pretty good school in North Miami.
Start Your Review of Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School - Biscayne Bay
I've gone to this school for 3 years now and its been good so far the teachers are okay some more than others. The academics are also great however more elective choices would be great but it is a small school so I can see how it would be difficult,the AP and Dual enrollment classes are great I've taken dual enrollment and the teacher is great. Clubs and activities are debatable there really isn't much school spirt in my opinion but honestly they really focus more on sports rather than academic clubs and man I'll tell you what they got an abundance of sports at this school. The facilities are fine except the second floor bathroom that is an absolute disaster by the end of the day which should really get fixed because there's always water on the floor for some reason. The food is okay they have different options but I bring my own lunch so I can't really comment on it too much.
My experience was 6/10 the teachers we're ok the classes were good the students are like normal high school students even though they made senior difficult when it didn't have to be it is a good high school. One thing they should change is how they treat seniors during senior week let us have freedom we've been going to that school for four years straight and barely enjoyed the school so for future advice let the seniors enjoy their last year in high school
Great school and Great for academics , but horribly organized with sports and extra curricular activities doesn't fund marching band, clubs, and expect sport teams to pay out of pocket for uniform. It has bad diversity but If you're only going for academics then this is the school for you.