Alonso High School Reviews

I grew a lot as a student at Alonso. However, most of the adminstrators were very unfriendly and not approachable. As much as they claimed that they cared about the students, it did not seem like they did at all. Besides that, I had some great teachers. In terms of student demographics, the school's population is very diverse so you are sure to your clique.
They offered so many opportunities for so many students!! I was able to excel in theatre in a four year program in which I learned so many things. I also got a chance to work with special needs kids and teach them theatre which was such a humbling and wonderful experience and that has lead me to decide to teach special needs kids theatre in the future! The staff truly cares for you and will treat you with the outmost love and support!
It was a good school, as long as you have friends and know your place and don't get into a bad crowd. stuck up popular people suck though!
Start Your Review of Alonso High School
I spent the entirety of my freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years at Alonso High School. Out of what this school has to offer, what stands out the most from Alonso is the myriad of incredible teachers that work there (I still am connected with a select few of my favorites after graduation). I felt that Alonso was my second home. Teachers used to welcome me to their classroom with a "hello" and a smile. Also, the diversity Alonso has been embracing throughout these years has been incredible. However, in my opinion, members of Alonso administration gave off an intimidating vibe, and at times seemed condescending towards other students. I felt at times they even treated students as "things" instead of humans. An example of all they seemed to care for was if students fed the seagulls. That was the only feature that I did not like about Alonso. Because of this, I am forced to rate Alonso four stars instead of five. It is a good high school. Just be careful with the administrators.
I absolutely love the diversity in Alonso High School. There is an infinite amount of culture and ethnicity. I love how open the campus is, it allows me to feel like I am in the outside and it gives me a sense of freedom. Alonso provides safety and acceptance to all of its students and its faculty members, and I really appreciate it.
Alonso provides a variety of opportunities that allows students to be more involved in school. Not only does this make it easier for students to meet new people, but it gives them a chance to identify hobbies and career choices they might be interested in. Currently, I am a Junior and am involved at Alonso High School. I participated on the volleyball, basketball, and track and field team. The coaches truly care about the athletes; they help you grow as a student-athlete and person. For me, participating in sports was a marvelous choice. I feel like I have a second family, I know I can always count on them. Also, I’m involved in several clubs: BETA, NHS, UNICEF, FCA, Interact, and Key Club. I have benefited in my community by helping those in need and cleaning up the environment. Participating in these extracurricular activities has allowed me to meet new people, making me enjoy coming to school everyday. I am pleased to say that I am proud to be a raven.
Alonso is a B rated school. Their curriculum is really good. Most of the students who graduate from there goes to either Florida State, University of Florida, University of South Florida, or University of Central Florida, which are all really good schools. Alonso has changed a lot so there’s nothing to really be changed besides the food at lunch. The teachers and faculty are great.
Almost every teacher at Alonso worked very hard to make sure that any student had the tools required to succeed. There was never a moment where I felt I was ill-equipped to handle a class because of the teachers' willingness to work with you to pass.
I have always been an Alonso Raven. My mom has worked at the school ever since it opened. I have made so many friends and established such amazing relationships with teachers; I think it’s the greatest school in the world. However, I would like to see more clubs designed to to make people who don’t have a lot of friends feel like they belong to a group. There are always a handful of kids who sit alone at lunch, and people who don’t really do much about it. That would make Alonso even better.
Alonso is a very diverse school and it's full of amazing people that I've formed close bonds with. I grew a lot while at Alonso and some of the best years of my life happened while I was there.
It was a great school, offered a lot incentives for hard working students. Sports was okay not the best, but still active in the championships. Lunches were packed, sometimes waited 30 mins just to get a lunch. School is big, but not big enough for 4,000 kids. Needs to be rezoned.
I really love it here at Alonso. It is a very welcoming environment. It is an overall fun school to go to. Also a lot of the clubs and classes are helpful for getting into college. It is very organized here.
I enjoyed my time at Alonso High School. To make the most of your time in high school its better to participle in activities for example spirit week where you dress up according to the theme. When I was a freshman I didn't because I thought it would be lame if I did but then soon figured your high school experience is going to be as good as you make it so more involved you are in school events the better overall the experience will be. I played football for my school all four years and made a bond with people I wouldn't trade for the world
Alonso High school is one of the largest schools in Hillsborough County and is very diverse. There is a wide variety of clubs and sports students can participate in. Some teachers should improve on how they teach but other teachers teach us well. Some people think the school is unsafe due to certain reasons such as fights but it depends on what kind of crowd you surround yourself with. The school is diverse with many different races but mostly Hispanic. The administration could be better but they still do what they can to help us learn and keep us safe. Many parents are involved in their children['s sports. There are many sports such as football, track, and swim along with clubs such as FBLA, Key Club, and BETA. My experience with Alonso has been pretty well for my three years of attending there.
Alonso High School has been my school throughout my high school career. We have been an overpopulated student body on a smaller campus. Whenever it rains, it floods everywhere and when it’s hot there aren’t many places outdoors in the shade. The students are very hostile and everyone tries to mind their own business. Our pep rallies hold no school spirit except in each year’s senior section. I have found my place in the theatre program and find comfort in my safe place. Most students try to keep to themselves in their own niche but their have been really nasty fights that have left people hospitalized. The administration all has an attitude and don’t seem to genuinely care about how you are doing rather than if you are inside the lines. Overall it wasn’t a terrible experience but it was very much your average high school.
It was very diverse and teachers were relatively helpful, hopever as an honors student we were pushed really hard to be competitive eith one another to the point that it was too much. It felt like they cared more about how many AP classes you took than your mental state
I love Alonso’s teachers when it comes to AP classes and regulars. However, most honors teachers are not well cut out for the job to be a teacher. I’d like to see better student and teacher involvement in class rooms to shape all the different learners in class. Alonso lacks diversity and with time it’ll become a bigger problem.
Start Your Review of Alonso High School
I like the school in general but i would bring back the senior privilages because we worked hard to earn them
Do you guys noticed which food waste more? And how much food waste in the school? What need add and what should delete in the lunch menu?
Grand knowledge experience, and education throughout well educated professionals, teachers, counselors, encouraging us to follow our dreams since day one, a well develop guide to achieve them in a 4 year term. A mix of rich cultures, safe, and amicable facility, with a brotherhood environment, wide diversity of opportunities like recreational, cultural, clubs, and sports. A well stablished program to create an sturdy foundation to succeed in life, and be our better self. Overall, it allows you to find your passion, and use it to make a difference for yourself and your community. You learn how to be a well organized student, to advance, seizing all opportunities to reach your goals, and become, without prejudice a great professional.