Almont High School is a public school located in Almont, MI. It has 499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Almont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B64 Students
- A60 Students
- B+39 Students
- C+38 Students
- B36 Students
- B31 Students
- B+27 Students
- B25 Students
- A+25 Students
- B+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Almont High School Reviews
I like how at Almont High School, everybody knows everyone. I like have all of the teachers and students are well connected and care for each other. I think it helps when the teachers have a special bond with their students like that. I also love how whenever there is a new student, everyone is wanting and more than willing to help them in any way possible. However, I wish there were less students who vape and drink. The number of people who do this at the school is not okay and I wish the school authority could do something about it if they could at least.
I am currently a senior at Almont High School, and I have had some good and bad experiences throughout my 13 years attending Almont Community Schools. In my family, we have one child in every school, and from what my siblings say, the food is not the best in theirs either. I have the option every day to get free lunch, and have not yet done that because of the poor quality food that is provided. On an academic level, I think that Almont has done an exceptional job at preparing us for the SAT as well as college in the future. We are also provided with Chrome Books and even though they are not the best quality, they are a great resource to be given as a high school student.
We have several excellent teachers at our school, but some are just mediocre. Many of the teachers are friendly, but only a select few honestly care about the well being of the students and take that into consideration when giving assignments. Those are the best teachers, and they often have the best and most interesting lessons to teach. The teaching style varies a great deal from teacher to teacher. One might teach directly from the book, another might make notes from the book and teach us by having us read through and copy the notes, and others might know the course material so well that they can lecture about one subject for days and still be providing interesting information in a way that makes the students want to learn. The teachers are usually really good about answering emails and a lot of them take a good portion of their class periods to answer questions that students will have. The teachers are also pretty consistent about grading, and they are really fair and honest in the grades they give students so that the appropriate grade is awarded to every student.