Almont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A+57 Students
- C+37 Students
- B+36 Students
- B+32 Students
- B26 Students
- B+23 Students
- A+21 Students
- B20 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Almont High School Reviews
We have several excellent teachers at our school, but some are just mediocre. Many of the teachers are friendly, but only a select few honestly care about the well being of the students and take that into consideration when giving assignments. Those are the best teachers, and they often have the best and most interesting lessons to teach. The teaching style varies a great deal from teacher to teacher. One might teach directly from the book, another might make notes from the book and teach us by having us read through and copy the notes, and others might know the course material so well that they can lecture about one subject for days and still be providing interesting information in a way that makes the students want to learn. The teachers are usually really good about answering emails and a lot of them take a good portion of their class periods to answer questions that students will have. The teachers are also pretty consistent about grading, and they are really fair and honest in the grades they give students so that the appropriate grade is awarded to every student.
While there are some teachers that are outstanding, there are also some that are teaching things they aren't passionate about which changes the way students learn, and effects the amount that the students care about that class. The teachers that are passionate and caring have engaging classes that students learn from, and enjoy going to, while others only provide irrelevant, stressful environments that don't teach students as much as they could. Many teachers try to incorporate new technology into a lesson, which never goes as planned.
There are several ways to get involved with extracurricular activities. There are a lot of activities, including a wide variety of sports, NHS, Student Council, robotics, and a few others. If a student is in a club, they're very likely to be dedicated to that club, but there are always some people who just don't care and want to be in a club to brag to their friends. The most popular sport for guys would be football, but the girls tend to like volleyball. The really fun club would be Student Council because we're really good at working together and having fun. The administration tends to just let the clubs do whatever, unless there's something behind the scenes that I'm missing. The after-school activities are mostly limited to sports practices or events.