Almont High School is a public school located in Almont, MI. It has 499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Almont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B66 Students
- A61 Students
- B+39 Students
- C+38 Students
- B37 Students
- B31 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B26 Students
- B+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Almont High School Reviews
The school offers a vocational school program for students to learn jobs that are out there in the real world after graduation. The program preps Students for a grown up job. They offer automotive, computer programming , construction program, a medical field, become a nursing assistant , x-ray tech, pharmacy tech, ultrasound tech. After learning the job & study the material you are able to take a state test & receive certificate so you will have a good paying job after graduation. I decided to take the pharmacy technician route my junior year in high school, Took my state test & received my certificate. Senior year I worked at Rite Aid Pharmacy during the week for 3 hours of the school day and 3 hours of class time at school. I have to say this program made me decide what I wanted to go to college for, to become a pharmacist.
I like how at Almont High School, everybody knows everyone. I like have all of the teachers and students are well connected and care for each other. I think it helps when the teachers have a special bond with their students like that. I also love how whenever there is a new student, everyone is wanting and more than willing to help them in any way possible. However, I wish there were less students who vape and drink. The number of people who do this at the school is not okay and I wish the school authority could do something about it if they could at least.
I am currently a senior at Almont High School, and I have had some good and bad experiences throughout my 13 years attending Almont Community Schools. In my family, we have one child in every school, and from what my siblings say, the food is not the best in theirs either. I have the option every day to get free lunch, and have not yet done that because of the poor quality food that is provided. On an academic level, I think that Almont has done an exceptional job at preparing us for the SAT as well as college in the future. We are also provided with Chrome Books and even though they are not the best quality, they are a great resource to be given as a high school student.