Alma Senior High School Reviews

At my time at Alma High School I have thoroughly enjoyed the teachers, athletics, and the atmosphere. Alma is tight-knit community, but very welcoming and accepting of everyone.
I love Alma High School. Spending my last 4 years here I have learned a lot. The academic opportunities are fantastic. I really love that they offer a college and career readiness class. It really helped me with the SAT. However, not a lot is done about bulling or PDA in the halls. It is not a bad school, but more can be done to help students. All students should feel safe and be happy to come to school, sadly that is not the case for all students. I'm sure Alma is not the only high school that feels that. Over all school is what you make it. So the students recieve what they put in.
Scheduling for classes is actually really easy you just pick classes you want or need to take soon in with the required classes and the counselors will do their best to fit all the first pick classes you want in your schedule! I'd say some popular classes in my school are art, gym, and dual enrollment(college classes).
Start Your Review of Alma Senior High School
We have a wide variety of students from each grade that participate in different clubs and sports!
We have tons of extracurricular opportunities such as a bunch of different sports, BPA, student council, forensics, science club, etc.
Some of my favorite experiences were in math class. My teacher was great and I would take him for all my classes if I could! I would pick this school all over again because my school has a great environment everyone is really welcoming to new people and it was just a great place to spend my last four years of high school.
The teachers here are very encouraging of their students!
The community is small, knowing more people in the school helps and some of the teachers are like having another parent because they are so nice. The teachers are probably the best part of the school. I would choose this school again because of the constant support systems from the staff and the students at this high school. My favorite experience would have been my advanced placement government class. The class was fun and very helpful with understanding politics.
The teachers are very friendly and help with any questions anyone has. They make learning a good time and make people want to come and learn in their classrooms.
The school lets a lot of random people in sometimes and other times students do it by there selves.
Parents of athletes are the only ones pretty much that support the school. Most other parents feel the school should give back to them.
Most teachers at our school do what they have to and sometimes put in extra effort. There is only a select few that put in that extra work to help and be part of our lives. Overall I would say I like my teachers and I don't have a problem with them. They have treated me well and I respect them for that.
We have great after-school activities, but a variety of them.
I think this school cares more about athletics than academics.
Most teacher are engaging, but some lack knowledge.
Compared to other schools our extracurriculars lack funding and motivated members.
Most parents aren't too involved with the school..
Start Your Review of Alma Senior High School
A lot of the teachers have different styles of teaching, which can be great for some students!
The teachers at this school are very caring and helpful with their students
I have not had any bad experiences at this school with my child.