Alma Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Alma, MI. It has 642 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Alma Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- B47 Students
- A+44 Students
- C37 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+28 Students
- B24 Students
- B+24 Students
- B20 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Alma Senior High School
- BShepherd High School
- Shepherd Public Schools, MI
- 82 reviews
- B+Mt. Pleasant Senior High School
- Mt. Pleasant City School District, MI
- 99 reviews
- B-Breckenridge High School
- Breckenridge Community Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- BIthaca High School
- Ithaca Public Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
Alma Senior High School Reviews
Great school and Staff! I would reccommend this school to anybody. This school has a great staff, great food, great facilities, great support, and great academics.
Scheduling for classes is actually really easy you just pick classes you want or need to take soon in with the required classes and the counselors will do their best to fit all the first pick classes you want in your schedule! I'd say some popular classes in my school are art, gym, and dual enrollment(college classes).
I love Alma High School. Spending my last 4 years here I have learned a lot. The academic opportunities are fantastic. I really love that they offer a college and career readiness class. It really helped me with the SAT. However, not a lot is done about bulling or PDA in the halls. It is not a bad school, but more can be done to help students. All students should feel safe and be happy to come to school, sadly that is not the case for all students. I'm sure Alma is not the only high school that feels that. Over all school is what you make it. So the students recieve what they put in.