Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Alma Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Alma, MI. It has 668 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Alma Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B80 Students
- B-69 Students
- A68 Students
- C+54 Students
- B+51 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-42 Students
- B38 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Alma Senior High School
- BShepherd High School
- Shepherd Public Schools, MI
- 83 reviews
- B+Mt. Pleasant Senior High School
- Mt. Pleasant City School District, MI
- 113 reviews
- B-Breckenridge High School
- Breckenridge Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- B-Ithaca High School
- Ithaca Public Schools, MI
- 56 reviews
Alma Senior High School Reviews
Alma Senior High school has provided a well rounded experience for their students. They have many clubs that are open to any students to attend. Additionally, many teachers are advocates for their students. Though every school has their "lemons", the majority of the teachers at AHS work thoroughly to provide a quality education for the student in their classroom. AHS also has a very large, and well maintained food pantry. This is something unique to our school as it is a no questions asked resource where students can receive food, clothing, toiletries and even school supplies.
The best part of this school system is the teachers. They all truly care about the success of their students and will do almost anything to help them get to where they want to go. One part of this school system that needs work, especially at the high school is a better connection between the administration and the students/parents.
At Alma Senior High School, I have enjoyed my experience somewhat. I enjoyed the atmosphere of sporting events, but the staff at Alma Senior High School don't have or show much pride which doesn't make for a exciting year. The school also focuses more on athletics and the importance of their upgrades rather than academics and the student's needs. I would like to see a shift towards the importance of the students.