Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Alma High School is an above average, public school located in Alma, NE. It has 164 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Alma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-41 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+17 Students
- C+16 Students
- B16 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
- C+11 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Marching in a power wedge for marching band.25%
- Pep rallies before games25%
- FFA Lock-in13%
- School Christmas Concert13%
- Spirit week13%
- We pray after FB games with opposing team.13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alma High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Alma High School Reviews
Alma High School has a lot of opportunities to become involved in a variety of activities. For example, they encourage students to participate in sports, drama, and extra academic activities such as quiz bowl and science olympiad. They also give students the opportunity to take college courses. If I could change something I would decide to make classes more challenging and more fit to certain levels of education. At Alma, a lot of times you have to slow down your learning because the other students aren't on the same level.
This school has been a great experience for many. This school is always trying to find ways for you to be more involved so you can find thigns that really interest you. From the drama department, to music, sports, academic events, and other social events this school is great at opening up a person's eye to new things. This school has a great counselor and good administration to help you get ready for college, and is very helpful when you are in a bad situation. Overall, great support comes from this school and the community!
Alma High School is in a small town of about 1200 people in the state of Nebraska. I was born and raised here and have attended Alma ever since I was 5 years old. Honestly, this school, from what I have heard from others who have moved here, is one of the best schools around. With its loving and kind atmosphere, where everybody knows everybody, I can agree with that statement.