Alma High School Reviews

Alma has pretty good curriculum overall, but it's just bad. Half the teachers are bad. Most faculty is biased and hypocritical.
It’s a great school with amazing opportunities and very nice facilities throughout the entire school district! I wouldn’t trade my time as an Alma Airedale for anything!
Alma provides several different organizations for students to participate in, or a student(s) can then found a new club as long as they find a teacher adviser. Alma offers many accelerated programs including: Pre-AP, AP, Honors, and Con-current credit from ATU and UAFS. Alma also offers several CTE certifications. The atmosphere is much like any other high school. Alma does offer students several services when it comes to financial aid whether that be for lunch programs to help finding funding for life after high school. The down side is that some of the faculty and students tend to be very closed-minded; however some are very open-minded, but both seem to be more the regurgitated opinions of parents rather than self-possessed opinions. Alma High School offers a chance to excel, but could stand a few faculty reforms and decisive budget decisions.
Start Your Review of Alma High School
I have enjoyed the kind people I have met! I have come in contact with life long friends and am constantly supported by the most caring and motivational teachers!
Excellent teachers and staff. The campus is great with lots of opportunity for students to learn and try new things.
Good education and teachers. Great sports teams and complexes in Alma Arkansas. A lot of students though. 4 schools in Alma school district and each school has a tornado room
This school lacks diversity and culture. The schools athletic and academics have a great deal of funding leaving the other activities to fend for themselves. All and all it is the best school in the area.
I loved all of my teachers! They were very helpful and were always there to answer questions. The school always looks nice and is clean.
The teachers were always there to help when I needed. I was always involved in school activities and I never felt left out.
Programs are highly noticed state/nation wide.
The arts teachers are the best! Great programs!
Alma's teachers are of the highest quality.
The teachers at this school are kind and caring. They care about whether you do well or not. They try their best to set you up for your college career.
My school claims to have a very prominently safe school, however I would have to disagree with that. They place many bans on drugs, alcohol, etc however they do very little to enforce said rules. They often bring in drug dogs, and have random drug testing and drills, however none of this is ever actually random. They have very ineffective means of protection.
My school offers an amazingly diverse amount diversity of extracurricular activity. When first walking in, I expected that due to the overwhelming amount of choices of school related programs, each one would be vaguely average, but as it turns out, each one is funded and taken care of in a very effective manner. This well organized fashion of things makes a wonderful environment for our students, encouraging them to partake in these extracurricular activities.
I am glad the school is continuing to offer more concurrent classes. This only helps our students to succeed in college.
The new security buzz in system continues to try to keep our students safe.
Start Your Review of Alma High School
The students have a lot of extra curricular opportunities, sometimes too many to choose from. Directors and coaches try very hard to let students do as many as they can.
The teachers are good at the high school. I am glad the school is continuing to increase the number of concurrent credit courses to offer. This only helps our students further succeed.
The high school continues to try to make the school as safe as possible, with new secure buzz in system and cameras Alma continues to put the safety of our students first.