Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Alma High School is an above average, public school located in Alma, AR. It has 1,059 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Alma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+345 Students
- B-301 Students
- A-241 Students
- B213 Students
- B64 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+52 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Alma High School Reviews
Everyone is so friendly and ready to help students learn. They care about everyone and want to see them succeed. There is a good amount of clubs and organizations that you can find others who are into the same thing as you. The administration is open and is ready to help with anything you come to them with. From the principals to the counselors to the janitors, there is an atmosphere of care, understanding, and helpfulness. It's a great place to learn and find a forever family of friends!
Alma High School is overall a very good school. There are opportunities for everyone regardless of their interests. Also, for the most part everyone is very friendly to each other. The atmosphere of the school is very good. The teachers are very kind and try to make sure everyone understands what is going on in the classroom. There are, however, a couple things that could make the school better. There is a very big focus on sports, and while that is good to an extent, I believe there should be more focus on academics and things needed for the classrooms. I believe there needs to be more classes to prepare students for college. Also, the musical and theater side of the school needs more recognition because while they do very well, they do not receive the same attention as other activities do.
Alma High School gives their students great access to secondary eduction. Many athletic and muscial scholarships are offered. It is also a great place where the administration is equally supportive of every activity, athletics, musical, theater, and education.