Alma High School is an above average, public school located in Alma, AR. It has 1,052 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Alma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+252 Students
- B203 Students
- A182 Students
- B151 Students
- B44 Students
- B36 Students
- B+36 Students
- B+33 Students
- C+31 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Alma High School Reviews
Alma provides several different organizations for students to participate in, or a student(s) can then found a new club as long as they find a teacher adviser. Alma offers many accelerated programs including: Pre-AP, AP, Honors, and Con-current credit from ATU and UAFS. Alma also offers several CTE certifications. The atmosphere is much like any other high school. Alma does offer students several services when it comes to financial aid whether that be for lunch programs to help finding funding for life after high school. The down side is that some of the faculty and students tend to be very closed-minded; however some are very open-minded, but both seem to be more the regurgitated opinions of parents rather than self-possessed opinions. Alma High School offers a chance to excel, but could stand a few faculty reforms and decisive budget decisions.
My experience at Alma High School was nothing if not fruitful... Admittedly, my time was not spent wisely as it should have been in the classroom, I was easily distracted with my desires to be in the theater department which in very literal terms saved my life. Though I didn't care about my school work as much as I should have the teachers and faculty at the Alma High School did everything within their power to make sure that every student succeeded, regardless of their attention span, grade level, or behavior. However, the real portion of my time that I found wonderful was the time spent in the theater department... The magic, cooperation, and hard work that was put in by students from across all cliques and isolated social class were united under the beauty in artistic creation. As principal Jerry Valentine says "Every day is a great day at Alma High School." Though it did not seem like it at the time, it was ultimately true.
AHS has treated me well throughout the 4 Years I have been there. My experiences have been enjoyable and fun! I have met a lot of new people and created new friendships. The staff at AHS is very involved and helpful to the students.