Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School Reviews

I am a TennTech Alumni now and I am here to share my wonderful experience at TennTech. I have grown so much as a person, I grew with my classmates who were with me since freshman year. The school has a summer bridge program which allows the student to gain some credits while making the transition period much easier. The school provides endless resources and has a wonderful college resource center. Major appreciation to this school which was my key success to my acceptance at UCLA.
I am currently a senior at Tennenbaum and it is the best school out of the other three. They encourage you when you want to give up, and they are always checking up on us to make sure we are on track to graduate.
The school is honestly average. I do feel like Iv'e gotten more attention in academics since the school is only about 300 students. The clubs are fun and the sports are great when you're in them but some teachers are not that great. I wouldn't say that I'd recommend anyone here but if they did come they would be alright here.
Start Your Review of Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School
For the most part I have had a pleasant experience at Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School. The faculty are always professional but also friendly towards families and students.
I have two daughters that attend this school. I love that their is not too many students in one class which gives the teacher more time to spend with the scholars. The emails I receive daily sometimes even weekly is amazing. How can I miss parent conferences or any event with these reminders. The best part is that I can check my girls grades online and it even tells me if they are missing an assignment.
This school has helped me become who I am today because of its great opportunities. Although it is a small school, I have the opportunity to be more involved in school, and have a stronger relationship with the teachers and staff. My experience in this school has been wonderful because this is a college ready school. Even though this school has its rules, it is only to help us learn and become mature pre-adults for the future. Something that I would change about my school is our school food, but other than that my school is great. This school has its pro and cons, just like any other school but if I were to choose this school again, I would do so.
I really love the way they run the school. From putting responsibility on the student, but also helping them in completing what is necessary. The community in the school helps to grow as a person by meeting different people from different grades. Also, not everything is perfect, I feel a better job could be done in teaching about the different test to apply to college and how it could benefit them if they take it more than once.
As a student who has been going to this school for 4 years in 2 weeks, I can gladly say that this school was the best choice for me. A great aspect about this school is the interaction between student and teachers. Since it is a significantly smaller school than a traditional high school, student-teacher relationships can prosper very well. This means that whens students are having personal troubles or academic difficulties, they can go to their teacher and talk about it..
In academics, the classes are exceptional. In a lot of schools, the teacher usually teaches out of textbooks and give lectures a lot of time; however, at Tennenbaum, teachers create activities that make learning fun. yet it stays focus on the idea of preparing the students for college. This way of teaching makes the students want to learn and not get bored out.
However, even out of all these great things, I think improvements could still be made. One is the food. But overall, it is a great school.
I believe being a student at Tennenbaum prepared me well for the college application process and college itself. Since freshman year they made sure we understood what colleges looked for and made sure we challenged ourselves with our classes. The counselors are extremely helpful, and the teacher often have at least 2 tutoring sessions a week for any students with questions about class material. One thing I wish would improve would be the school spirit and club involvement.
Alliance Tennenbaum is a great school! The staff and teachers are kind and go out of their way to help you. The school prepares you so much for college and you truly feel at home here.
The school has only been in operation for about 4 years, so the school is still opening up new curriculum (AP classes, music) for students.
The school has a majority population of hispanic students, so getting along is not an issue within the students.
Staff was amazing, but the small population of students sometimes lacked school spirit unlike traditional high schools.
The school was a small charter school, so everyone knew each other like a small family.
Teachers are very helpful and thoughtful of their student's ideas.
The school is safe for the most part of keeping security among the students to be safe
The extracurricular opportunities at the school comes in many varieties for schools that want to stay after school. Their is many different kinds of clubs during lunch or after school. The clubs give each student a different experience of being into these clubs.
Start Your Review of Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School
The school is unique for educating their students on a college ready level. Most of the students at the school are ready to go to a 4- year university in their senior year. The experiences was amazing to meet astonishing teachers to teach about college and life examples.
Every teacher are willing to go beyond their own needs to help each students get the best education.
This is a great school, it is a college ready school and they teach you to be ready for college. Teachers give you there attention when help is wanted and do the best they can to teach so you can succeed.