Alliance Renee & Meyer Luskin Academy High School Reviews

what i liked about Luskin Academy is that it's a small school. The staff throughout the time gets to know you. It's like a small family. Teachers are very supportive. I've seen some teachers stay until 6 to help the students with what they need help with. The teachers care a lot about our future and you can see it, with the dedication they put towards every lesson. Apart from the academic part, the sports is another family. I've played soccer for this school ever since freshman. Everyone in the soccer team supports one another and pushes them to their best potential. If I had the choice to go to any high school in LA, I would choose Luskin because people here are hungry to success. They can improve this school by making the area more safer because sometimes there's people getting jumped or robbed. But other than that, teachers make a great effort for the students to receive the best education.
My school is small and has a two floor building. We have a soccer field and a sort of volleyball court.
My experience at Luskin has been good. I made friends and the teachers care about your education, if you prove it with paying attention and participation. What I like about the school is that the staff members and teachers care about you and your education. What I dislike about the school is the lack of activities. There just needs to be more afterschool activities like clubs such as drama, art, photography and a cooking club.
Review Alliance Renee & Meyer Luskin Academy High School
This school helped me prepare for college and gain more friends. I was able to come out if my shell and become more social. This school helped make me a better person and I am glad that I went there. I have made many friends over the year there and I will miss seeing them. Even though this school is not widely known or a wealthy, it is still a good place to learn and prepare you for college.
Luskin Academy is structurally a small high school, but it holds most of the best teachers I've ever known. This high school is like any other regular school, but it differs in the sense that everyone gets along. And if some students don't get along, they manage to resolve their differences without getting violent. Ever since I entered Luskin, I noticed that everyone minds their own bussines, and there is not a problem of bullying. There isn't always a wide variety of honors or AP classes offered, but teachers always go outside the box to make us college-ready, which is something that many schools do not emphasize on.
Amazing high school. Really good people there and help students a lot. Always responsible and keep students on check. They always look after the students and take precautions when they are needed. They always protect every student and make sure that they are safe.
Alliance Renee & Meyer Luskin Academy HS was an interesting place to be. It was very small, which was one of the schools disadvantages. Privacy? Never heard of that. Fun? Never felt that. School spirit? I would not even know where to begin, the school spirit was very drab & non-existent. The only thing good about the school was the people I surrounded myself with & a number of teachers I could count on one hand.
I've been going to Luskin Academy for 4 years. I am currently a senior at Luskin, and I graduate this year. I love the school so much because they know every single person in the school as an individual rather than a number in a school system.
I liked the teacher in the school and some of the school activities and the pers at mu school. But there are certaim parts of the school i dont like. Like certain things the teachers do like how they talk to students like if they were friends and not students. But other then that some teacher's give choices to the students to make up work and to actually be able to catch up but it's their own fault for not being able to do things like that.
The principal and the assistant principal are very kind and approachable. The office staff is hard working and polite, but a handful of them are demading and rude. The same goes for the teachers. However, the counselor for the seniors is phenomenal. She helps us a lot in our road to a college education. Recently, there are many clubs, but they were nonexistent years ago. In addition, the schools do many things at the last minute. The thing I would change about the school is the food because year after year it gets worse and worse and I can not stand the food anymore.
I've been at Luskin academy for two years now and i say it needs a lot of work done. The school is great when it comes to academics but lacks culture, events, and sports. Students come from different culture but we never embrace them here as much as other schools do. For a high school we lack a lot of sports. All we have here are basketball and soccer. This doesn't bring a lot of interest to most students. At my old school i was a star volleyball and softball player. I was very disappointed when i learned this school did not have these teams. This school helps students improve their skills and expanding their knowledge. We have all required classes and we have our electives but the electives could use some work. Not a lot of students seem to be thrilled with getting electives here at Luskin, we have only 4 electives here. I would like to see more sports being brought into the school and more electives that students would be interested in. But over all it's a great school.
I like that the teacher help you out with your work if you do not understand what going on. And i would pike to change the school food.
Luskin academy is a school of getting you ready for college. The thing I like about this school is that the teachers push you until you reach your goal. They teach you a lot of responsibility and get you ready for what you really going to see in college. Throughout all my four years at this high school I have gain a lot of experience with others. Such as communicating with one another or going up in front of my peers. I wouldn't like to see anything change because that is a great school and they do anything to help a student succeed.
My experience at Alliance Luskin Academy has been unforgettable with ecstatic memories and it has also been a challenge. The environment in Luskin academy is full of xenial peers. When I first attended Luskin I was nervous and felt like is if I would be alienated. At first I was, but then there was kind people who I became friends with. Sooner or later, I realized school felt like home due to the company of groovy friends and caring teachers and staff. I relished the way students had unbreakable bonds with teachers. Furthermore, when people are outside of school they experience a sense of fear and threat. The environment outside of Luskin was alarming due to the gangs and crews that assaulted and jumped people around the school. Not only was this a factor that affected the school, but the lack of educational opportunities the school could provide the students. Overall, in the school there is amazing bonds between the students and teachers.
Luskin Academy is one of the best schools I have been attending to,sine freshman yea, I say this not just because I"m attending to it, but because of all the great skills and things I've learn.
I enjoyed that this school was small, it gave me a more personal connection with my teachers and fellow classmates.
I have been attending luskin since freshman year. The school did nothing butt improve for the better over the years. I have learned so much and I feel like I am very prepared for college. They try their best to make sure that every one goes to college and succeeds. The only thing that is not great is the sports teams they have but I guess it goes with hoe small the school is.
Review Alliance Renee & Meyer Luskin Academy High School
i have only start using this for scholarships since i am a senior in high school. what i like is that its very resourceful , you can find specific scholarships that you are looking for. i will recommend this to someone of a lower class or just my fellow senior class mate.
Overall, Luskin Academy is a somewhat diverse campus with a camous size of ~650 students, which leads to close connections with peers and staff. While the school is in South LA, I'd say that its amount of resources and college readyness is exceptional. While the food, sports, and diversity are sub-par, I would definitely recommend this school to anyone in the sirrounding area because of the sense of family here and the easy access to help and resources.
Luskin Academy is not a too bad school even with its location. When I came to Luskin I was not really interested in school and my gpa and such sorts, but they really changed my perspective. I believe that this school is a really good one educational wise because they really help you out with the material and with any questions you want. Something that I would fix would be to expand the school activity wise and too stop the fights because there are too many. Regardless of the fact it is a really good school for kids who want to expand their educations.