Alliance High School is a public school located in Alliance, NE. It has 480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Alliance High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- A48 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-31 Students
- B20 Students
- C+20 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Alliance High School Reviews
We have been extremely happy with the teaching staff. They are always willing to help if our student is having problems. We came from a private school where everyone was involved with everything, so it was a little bit of an adjustment not knowing every student and not being involved with everything and every committee. All in all it was a nice transition from Private schooling to Public schooling. Everyone was very helpful and made us feel welcome. Sporting events is top ranking at AHS. Such energy and the fight to win. We would choose Alliance High School again for our children.
In my years of education, I have come across educators that have made a huge impact on my life from the way they taught, to the way they talked to their students. Those teachers didn't just teach us equations or the history of our nation, but real life situations and life lessons. On the other hand, others were not as impacting. They would put in grades 3 weeks late or did not care if you failed their class or not. Most teachers at Alliance High have their bachelor's, but some discuss that they are working on their master's as well. At the beginning of the year, every teacher has you write a summary about you and your likes and dislikes and the way you learn. Most take that to heart and try different methods of teaching to fit you, which I highly appreciate.
High School has been the best and worst part of my life so far. Being involved in athletics and clubs has really opened a new world for me. Especially in my clubs, I get to know people who aren't athletes and realize that they are no different than me. Being in a school that revolves around athletics, if you are not in sports than you are ignored and not "cool." Which is not far in my eyes because I am more open to those non-athletes and treat them how I would like to be treated if I were in their shoes. Athletes or not, they are still my class mates and they deserve respect by everyone. I like the small class sizes, but I also wonder what it would be like to attend a bigger school where there are more opportunites and events. Socially, I love Alliance High because I am close to everyone, but education-wise, I would transfer schools.