Alliance Environmental Science & Technology High School Reviews

This school was amazing to me. I loved the teachers and the staff from the college center and most of the office staff. My experience was great spending 4 years here I saw teacher and students come and go. Everyone looks out for one another. Classes are the perfect size. Lunch was awful when I was there but it’s been changed to my understanding. Overall the school is great. You meet a lot of people. The college center is one of the most resourceful place. The people there are amazing. I would recommend this school to hardworking, nice, educated people. You get what you give.
I really enjoyed the encouragement they gave to students for taking AP classes because that helped me go into college with some credits already completed. All the classes were small so that allowed teachers to apply the necessary amount of attention students needed. Overall the school was definetly college ready, this meaning that it fully prepared me for college.
Was very helpful in preparing me for college. They took all their time, effort and resources to help every student plan for their future. They are the reason why I was able to find a school I really love and helped me plan everything financially. They gave me realistic options which I am grateful for.
Start Your Review of Alliance Environmental Science & Technology High School
There is a lot of support and many people that you can go to. I would like to see more of an advance in the athletic department and more recognition for our athletes.
My experience at Alliance Environmental science and technology high school is excellent. The teachers there care so much about you that I’m not afraid to ask them any questions. Great school with small class sizes and plenty of people to turn to if you have any questions.I have been at this high school and it is a great school for 9-12 grade children. Small community and great staff and teachers.
Alliance Environmental Science and technology high school is good academically. The counselors there constantly check in with their students to make sure that they are on track so that they graduate on time. I met amazing people there who I love to spend time with and clases are entertaining.
The administration and counselors really push students to take challenging classes. It is also a requirement for each student to apply to a collge, regardless of whether or not a student want to go to college. However, the school does lack a decent sports program and school spirit is also lacking as well.
Very well structured. Academically focused. Strong emphasis on college and graduating. Creates long lasting bonds with friends as well as teachers.
I appreciated that this school provided financial aid and college related resources.
However, they have limited resources for the students
It is a very good school. Everyone helps you move on in life and nobody is left behind. They offer a lot AP's and College Courses. The schools main focus is academics but not sports.
Coming into ESAT as a freshman, it was a scary transition into a new charter school but the system where each student has the same advisory or homeroom for the entire four years made my learning experience a fun one. I learned a lot about myself and who I am as a person and about my community. I learned to have a voice which meant to advocate for myself and others. I believe ESAT really did shape me to be college ready and I am proud to say that I will be attending a Cal State next year.
This school really takes academics to heart and prepares most of its dedicated students for college readiness. The faculty is great and they really help you when you need it most. However, this school is lacking in other aspects a high school should be strong in, such as involvement in clubs, activities, sports and other extracurriculars. It is not as heavily enforced as education, which can be a good and a bad thing for some.
In ESAT my experience has been good for me since ive had good help with my classes with extra help in my tutoring. What i would like to have a change in this school would be more of the school culture to make sure the students have more of a relaxing times to feel less stress. Another thing id like to see would be have better help for clubs.
ESAT is a college-ready school and they do live up to that title. The teachers are very dedicated to their students, and to the development of tomorrows leaders.
I am extremely pleased to say I loved my experience at this school. Most people picture high schools to be like in the movies with big fields and lockers and if you don’t have that you don’t have that you won’t be able to have a good experience. However that’s not true in this case, this school is extremely small but all the students and teachers, from any grade, knew each other and helped each other in any way. There was no such things as cliches because everyone went to every group of friends and spoke to one another. There is no doubt in me that this school changed someone in me, and the perception in which I see to be a community.
This is a great school with amazing academics and teachers who care about their students and create after school tutoring schedules to accommodate their students. Unfortunately staff and some teachers can be extremely rude and look down upon students as if they were children, if this were a real college ready school students would be treated respectfully and not talked to with a condescending manner. Office staff when entering will not acknowledge you and will remain on their cell phones or laptops until they want to talk to you. Along when having issues with a teacher, the principal and other staff such as the discipline admin they immediately take sides with the teacher and belittle students and completely ignore serious issues with a teacher. This will not be resolved until you bring a parent or guardian in to defend you. Overall teacher and education is amazing unfortunately staff really needs to be corrected, many parents and students have complained yet nothing has come of it.
This is a great school that gives you a great amount of resources to help you get into college and give you an excellent education.
Start Your Review of Alliance Environmental Science & Technology High School
Mind L.A was seeking high schools to provide cognitive screenings for parents and we partnered with Alliance Environmental Science and Technology High School, Estella the parent engagement specialist is great. She is accommodating and easy to reach. The staff there is also great.
They offer many AP classes, all of which are instructed by very qualified teachers. Overall, the students body is respectful of each other and everyone gets along well. The sports are the only weak part of the school, since they are so academically based.
During my time at Alliance Environmental Science and Technology High School, or as we like to call it for short "ESAT", I was introduced to a range of opportunities made possible by the school and those who worked there. The instructors and staff administration genuinely care about the well-being of the students and take the initiative to get to know the students not only within the setting of the classroom but also on a more personal level, adjusting their lesson plans to fit the needs of every individual ensuring that they are college ready. While there are very minimal athletic opportunities, ESAT students are always striving to do their best within the few sports we have. As a minority student, I have enjoyed the welcoming and supportive atmosphere that ESAT has created, one that allows individuals to not only envision a better future but to place 110% of our efforts as a community to work towards that future.