Allentown High School Reviews

I spent 4 years of my life attending Allentown High school and I have to say ,I have had one of my best experiences of my life.
Allentown High School is a great school to get ready for college. There are many classes available to help you decide your future. I enjoyed going to all of the sporting events, our school is full of spirit!! I am happy with my high school life and look forward to college.
There's always something to do after school between walking into town with friends to sports and clubs.
Start Your Review of Allentown High School
Allentown High School was perfect for me because it enabled me to take challenging and rigorous courses that few other schools in my area provided. Through some of these courses I am readying myself for college and even earning college credit. Also, Allentown has a great sports program, I which I played on the soccer team all four of my years there.
At Allentown I liked that some of the teachers made a real effort to get to know you and relate to things going on outside of school and giving you a little slack when it was obvious you were struggling. I enjoyed the classes and my classmates, at Allentown we all really don't have a problem to talking to each other it doesn't matter which group you're apart of you can go up and talk to whoever.
At Allentown i didn't like how intrusive some of the administration was.They would change rules if one thing went wrong or if people were too lazy to do their job. They would collect our phones every day due to a student getting on video a teacher saying things he shouldn't have. They no longer allow students to pull into their parking spots although you pay for your spot, you need to park facing the line.
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Allentown High School. I will miss it upon graduating in June but I am more than ready and excited for the next chapter of my life.
The classroom was extremely competitive and so was every program in the school. The school offers many programs such as senior praticum. Were students can have an internship as one of their classes. Also has the one of the top FFA programs available.
Allentown High School is in a very friendly town. It is an older building so it could use some renovations.
Allentown high school's Choice program allowed my to enter the school district. Over all, the school has been pretty accommodating. For example, my senior year they were able to provide bussing for the students who were living in Hamilton's school district. Of course, this included me.
It is a very good high school to go to. They have options for everyone, and no matter who you are you feel welcome!
Allentown High School has presented me with many opportunities. I received an outstanding education and was able to pick classes from a wide variety. The teachers at the school are always ready to stay after school and provide any extra assistance. I was able to join honor societies and clubs that taught me lessons and life skills. The only thing that bothered me was the low diversity of the school that can sometimes cause a minority to feel like an outsider. Nonetheless, my experience at Allentown High School was one of a kind.
I liked the challenging element of the classes, and was impressed with the availability to many AP and Honors classes that other schools do not offer. The academic environment is one oriented for all students' success, with resources such as a writing clinic, homework lab, and media center that provide additional support.
Being an Alumni from Allentown High School, I could honestly say my perspective of high school was more than perfect. Not only did I make the most of this high school, but whatever effort I put in my teachers or coaches returned. High school is what you make of it and Allentown is a perfect repression of this.
My experience in Allentown High School was an average experience. I got to explore a different side of myself each day, and was given many opportunities to excel in different activities. I do wish for some of the teachers to switch up the way they teach their students because we, as students, tend to get bored of the lessons in school.
Top quality school. The staff here are extremely nice and are always willing to give extra help if you go up to them and ask for it. Allentown has a very good sports program, with coaches that are very understanding of your school situation. We offer many different clubs and extracurriculars, and if your favorite hobby/interest is unavailable, you can go out and make a club for it myself. Allentown gave me the resources to start our first volleyball club, and without the support of administration and staff I couldn't have got it done.
Allentown Bogh School has a wonderful set of staff and teachers who will all help you get through the year and will push you to achieve all of your goals. Our resources are always there during school and after if you need extra help. We have a writing clinic that you can visit at any time of the day to help guide you through your rough drafts and other assignments to check for errors and give you extra tips. We use chromebooks during school when needed, and you can visit the library at amy time during the day for material needed for class. Our guidance counselors are very involved in helping us get through our year and set out steps for us when it's time for college. There is always assistance for us students.
I really enjoyed my experience at Allentown High School. The people and staff are fantastic and really nice. The only reason I won't give 5 stars is because of the archaic school design and weird rules.
Allentown High School has been an amazing experience from start to finish. The staff is extremely well organized and very friendly, there are many opportunities to expand your horizons and make lifelong friendships.
Start Your Review of Allentown High School
I believe AHS is one of the better high schools in the area. I'very made a lot of friends because of my involvement in sports and extracurricular activities. I wish I took classes I actually was interested in. The academics could slightly be better. The food is not that good/unhealthy. The administration and faculty have been fantastic towards me.
My experience at Allentown High School varied throughout my years here. The majority of my teachers during my junior and senior years were terrific- so intelligent and able to bring outside events into the classroom. I think the science and math department lack teachers that care about their students and are able to give them the materials, study help, and support they need to succeed. Phillip Folino, Susan Thompson, Daniel Fallon, Cheryl Chambliss, Michele Zekas...some of the best teachers the school has. I think it depends on how much effort you wish to put into your schoolwork, but these teachers go out of their way to make sure their students are doing well in not only their classes, but their personal lives as well. By taking multiple AP classes in both of my upperclassmen years here, I feel ready to attack college and I feel that most of my teachers have prepared me.
Allentown High School was a great experience for me. Most of the teachers there really care about your education and go out of their way to make sure they are helping you.