Allendale High School Reviews

I did not have a good experience at this school at all. The biggest flaw with this particular school in this district is the principal. He portrays himself much more different than who he is which slowly but surely starts showing as you begin observing his actions and words. He contributed to making my high school experience disappointing. As for other teachers, they were good.
It's unfair for me to say that a specific teacher was not a good teacher because it really depends on the student's learning style. I met some great teachers though that helped make my experience there better.
Sports and music are the two biggest focuses. The music program is fantastic for band and choir.

There is such, such small amount of diversity. If you are not like everyone else -- high middle class, Christian, white-- you will most likely have a rough time. There isn't obvious bullying occurring because of this. It's more of a subtle exclusion.
Allendale High School, although lacks diversity, is an amazing high school. The teachers and academic opportunities are outstanding, and I feel ready for college.
Allendale High School is a very safe place with a comfortable environment. The staff and teachers are all willing to help you with school work, life problems, or even just be there to talk to you. Allendale might not have as many class choices as other schools, however they put a lot of effort into the classes that they offer.
Start Your Review of Allendale High School
Allendale High School is a safe place to learn with lots of opportunities. There are many chances to due something that you may be afraid to do. The teaches make you feel comfortable and accepted as well.
Allendale high school does not do enough to prepare its students for collage The math program is run at an extremely slow pace. Only about half the material out of each math book is actually taught leaving a huge void in the learning. Even if you got an A is the class you have only learned half of the material this does not prepare the students well for the SAT or ACT. You also should be talking to the kids yearly starting with freshman year about what they want to do with their life and then guide them to the classes that will get them there.
The adults in the school are fine usually. It's the students that ruin everything for me. They are very judgmental, hypocritical, fake, and if you don't look good enough or act right you are excluded from everything. All you see when you walk through the halls are girls wearing tight clothes and converse with their friend groups surrounding the guys and their friend groups. There is so much exclusion that I feel like I don't even attend the school anymore. I have tried to move but I am not allowed to so I am stuck here with people who could care less if I got hit by a bus or not.
There are some pretty cool teachers, but the head faculty aren't the best. Athletics are all based on politics and who knows who.
Allendale High School is a great school located in a small community. While in school, I feel very safe and unharmed by anyone or anything. There are so many classes offered that work to prepare any student for college, ranging from leadership to a multitude of AP classes. The teachers and staff always seem to care and interact with the students. While I was attending, I never felt like I was not cared about. I do have to say that Allendale High School has a top of the line fine arts program that any student with musical talents must join. However, Allendale High school does lack diversity, but is slowly getting more diverse. There are also not a lot of variety for students to become involved in clubs & activities while in school. Other than that, Allendale High School was a great experience for me and is headed in the right direction!
Allendale High School is a great place! We have great teachers and awesome opportunities at education and sports! We our very involved with our sports, and that is what I love most. Our school has such spirit for the Falcons! Some of our administration is viewed as "not fair" and I believe that too. I feel like our school needs more college readiness than what we are getting. Some of our teachers take things out on us, and set us up to fail which is not okay. Overall, Allendale is a great school and I've loved it there and met many people over the years. I have succeed incredibly here, and was given many great educational opportunities to further my education.
Overall, it is a really safe school, with little to no problems with crime or drugs for the four years I have attended, as well as having teachers that are more than willing to help students who are in need. This school, however, does not adequately prepare students for college, or provide much assistance with college applications and scholarships.
I actually think the academics at this school are pretty good. Teachers are generally pretty good. I love that we have three trimesters because that way we can learn more subjects by changing classes every three months. The workload is not bad, although I think it might be tough if you're involved in sports. There is special help provided after school in case you are not doing so swell. Popular electives are food and nutrition and the baby class (Not sure what it's called).
The school has a specific organization that tries to prevent bullying, but there is an insane amount of bullying that goes on underground. Honestly, any anti- bullying speeches made by staff or attempts to stop bullying are seen as a joke by students. Personal safety though is pretty good. I've always felt very safe. We dont have a school nurse though. The sex ed program is not great. It teaches basics, but it's not very good.
I greatly dislike the extracurriculars at this school. There are very little clubs, and the clubs there are very uninteresting. Types of organizations includes NHS, student council, drama club, robotic, roadary, and gaming club. These clubs are not fun at all. The only reason people join clubs are so that it will look good for college, otherwise there is no point in joing them. They are not fun. The committment is average to each club.
The school is simply okay. I'm a fond of the way scheduling is set up. Unlike most schools, Allendale consists of trimesters which is great for students because they can rotate and change classes quite often. This is extremely helpful because students can take more classes that they want. I'm definitely not a fan of the type of people at this school. Everybody is extremely conservative and very religious. Most people here are born brain washed because their grand parents also brain washed their parents. This is definitely a very close minded community. The majority of the students are very stable financially. In other words, they are rich. People are generally stuck up because of this. There is very little amount of students that are from minority groups. The diversity here is terrible. All teachers are Caucasian. Due to these details, my experience was not great at this school. It was hard to find a social group and interact with other students. I experienced discrimination twice, which really isn't a lot, although I did feel as if I didn't belong many times.
Teachers definitely vary. It's hard to categorize them all by the same adjectives. Some teachers are extremely helpful and genuinely care about you and your future. Though their are only a few of these, these teachers are engaged in teaching and are passionate about the subject. However, there are the few who are simply there because they are getting paid. They are there to do their job and go home. Overall, there aren't too many of those. I'd say that for the most part, they are helpful and positively contribute to preparation for your future. Teaching styles, once again, vary greatly depending on the teacher. Even if the subject is the same, different teachers will teach it differently. This often causes disorganization among classes and learning which is not very efficient. Teachers are knowledgable on their subjects, well trained, and very professional. Interests in students ranges among teachers. I don't really believe all teachers care about you on a personal level. Not all of them are committed to success in your future, but the good teachers are. Communication skills is quite good among the teacher and the students. Due to easy accessibility through technology, it is very easy to contact teachers and ask for help. Grading is not always consistent.
The heatlh and safety of the school is vey good. We have lockdown, fire, and tornado drills three times a year, and there is always one police officer in the district. The school is overall safe, visitors are required to sign in, and all door leading into the school are locked and an ID badge is needed to unlock them.
There are many clubs and organizations for many different people. There is a healthy amount of student participation in every club and organization, and they are run very well and successfully.
Start Your Review of Allendale High School
My school experience has, overall, been great. I have been involved in marching band all four years of high school, and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. It has taught me to many things: perseverance, teamwork, and leadership skills. Also, the AP classes available at my school help students to prepare for college classes, and are taught well so that the students can do well on the national exam. I would choose this school if I could do it all over because the staff and students here are friendly and supportive, and the experiences and activities available here are some of the greatest.
The teachers at this school are great. They engage with the students and provide teaching methods and styles that help students learn and retain information. They are consistent with grading, and know a lot about the topic that they teach.
Extracurricular activities are great, my favorite being the Allendale FIRST Robotics Programs.