Allendale High School is an above average, public school located in Allendale, MI. It has 750 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Allendale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+150 Students
- A86 Students
- A+69 Students
- B60 Students
- B60 Students
- B+60 Students
- C+51 Students
- A-27 Students
- C+26 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Allendale High School
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 211 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 257 reviews
- AJenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 217 reviews
- A-Hudsonville High School
- Hudsonville Public School District, MI
- 289 reviews
Allendale High School Reviews
I love Allendale High School! I was a student there for four years, with my graduation a week from today. There is nothing that needs to be changed there, at least in my opinion. I had a wonderful experience at this high school, and all of the resources and teachers here are amazing! The teachers actually care about their students, and they want to see them succeed. Nobody gets left behind in the dust, every student there is friendly and helpful
The experience I have has at Allendale High School has been very good. All the teachers are very willing to spend time helping their students improve. In times of tragedy, everyone pulls together and we get things done. For example, when a student was diagnosed with cancer, everyone started to organize fundraisers for the family. T-shirts were quickly made and sold out, and our band helped spread the fundraiser to other schools in the area. One of the things that I would like to change at Allendale High School would be the school lunches. To be honest, they do not taste good. Also, every day there are always the same choices to pick from, there is no variety except for the main meal that changes every day. To add on, there are not enough 'sides'. There is always a vegetable and a couple of fruit options, but none of them are filling. Several students have commented on the fact that if they want enough food to fill them, they have to pay extra to get more.
Allendale High School does a phenomenal job of education their students while still encouraging them and providing ways to continue to be involved with the arts, sports, or work internships. Students of Allendale graduate as well-rounded individuals ready to take on whatever next step they design their path towards. The overall environment is one of comradarey. There are no outstanding bullying issues, as everyone in the student body does fairly well to get along. The academics, sports, and arts programs are all top-notch and excede those of many surrounding districts. The staff is always encouraging and enthusiastic about our futures.