Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Allendale High School is an above average, public school located in Allendale, MI. It has 772 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Allendale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+184 Students
- A117 Students
- A+96 Students
- B-89 Students
- B+75 Students
- B72 Students
- C+62 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-33 Students
- C+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Allendale High School
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 222 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 272 reviews
- A-Jenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 230 reviews
- A-Hudsonville High School
- Hudsonville Public School District, MI
- 309 reviews
Allendale High School Reviews
Allendale High School does well academically and is a safe school, however there are many things that should be changed. The most pressing of which being the lack of tolerance and encouragement for LGBTQ+ students. On a number of occasions, the Allendale community (parents) have explicitly expressed their homophobia and transphobia and have tried their hardest to suppress and shame gay and trans students. This is harmful, for reasons which are obvious, and are in no way helpful in improving this town or it's schools. The administration has not pushed back on this hateful rhetoric as hard as they should, and have even tried to appease this community by discouraging students from discussing the existence of gay people and families. It is for this reason, mostly, that I give Allendale High School 3 stars, as academic performance and big numbers can never make up for archaic ideology and intolerance.
It's a decent school, especially for it's location. It's fairly average all the way around, but it doesn't overly prepare kids for college, especially when it comes to finding scholarships. 99% of the ones they find for you are STEM scholarships, which is annoying when you aren't going into STEM. Half of the teachers are invested in your future, the other half seem like they're annoyed most of the time. Extremely low on the diversity scale, and poor treatment of LGBTQ+ students. Some of the athletics offered are football, wrestling, soccer, cross country, track, and golf. You won't find sports such as lacrosse, rugby, or swimming. There are clubs you can join, and the Science Olympiad team usually does well at competitions. Sometimes it feels like the school caters more to the parents than it does to the students, which can be good or bad depending on your view. Cafeteria food is mediocre, but the campus is safe, which might be due to the fact it's more rural than city.
Excellent, diverse, and close knit community. With a well-developed sports program and excellent teachers to fuel their academic achievements. Allendale is a great school! It is always a great day to be a FALCON!