Allendale Columbia School Reviews

Wouldn't recommend this school....not a great experience. For this kind of money, administration should at least treat all parents in a respectable and welcoming manner.
Super place for college prep due to small classes, emphasis on real life learning, collaboration, writing, and advocacy. Not the school you may think of if you lived in area in 1970's and beyond. Very diverse, generous aid to offer education to so many. Def check it out if your child is ready for the challenge, the environment and the focus on learning.
Our experience at this school was horrible. Administration mainly cares about the enrollment rates not about the students. I would not recommend this school to anyone.
Start Your Review of Allendale Columbia School
Allendale Columbia used to be a great school but in recent years the teachers have been quitting in droves and there is a growing antagonism between the students and the administrators. The teachers still there are afraid for their jobs.
Not recommended at all!! Many faculty members left because the administration is a mess! There is very obvious favoritism towards certain students and it does not feel safe for the rest who are harshly punished. A lot of problems and situations are kept quiet and ignored. Don't fall into their trap!
I would not recommend this school to anyone. The unfairness and favoritism are unbearable. There is a definite false sense of high achievement and the ridiculous cost does not really provide a good education for even a basic college.
Last few years everything has been constantly changing and the new administration has been absolutely horrible.
There is bullying and administration choses to deny or accuse the victim in stead of resolving the issues.
There is no academic or administration support for extracurricular activities. Students and parents have to do a lot in order to be a part of extracurricular activity.
Last few years the school's main priority has been making money not a well-balanced education.
The teachers are mostly well-qualified for their positions and care about the students. I've had a teacher stay after school with me for a few hours just to help me on my homework. I have great relationships with most of my teachers, even after graduation.
It's such a small school that bullying isn't really a problem. It's also a relatively safe school. I can only remember the police coming one time. The students have the option of taking their high school health course as an independent study during the summer of their sophomore year, and I think that is detrimental to many students who don't have a background in that area. I never had to go to the school nurse, but I hear she is nice and competent.
I was a three-sport varsity athlete for my entire high school career, and I was able to participate in many different clubs and organizations, and was even the chair of a few during my senior year. There are a variety of clubs, from Mock Trial, Model UN and Science Bowl, to the student-run newspaper, the dance club and the ASL club. I think my club activities greatly enriched my time in school
I have to say switching from a big public school, Allendale was very different for me. I couldn't hide from my teachers in the classroom and eventually, I no longer wanted to. I found a true passion for learning and growing as a person here at Allendale. However, I have to admit the bureaucratic nonsense that has been going on since my arrival can be trying at times.
There are a lot of clubs and extracurriculars but there is no time during the school day when these clubs can meet.
I find it diffcult to be engaged or excited about Allendale.
The teachers are forced to make do with what they have and the constant changes the administration enforces.
Start Your Review of Allendale Columbia School
There really is a culture of acceptance, as long as you find the right people
This school has been a home for me over the many years. I couldn't have had a better academic experience anywhere else. Thank you AC!
Our teachers are always thinking outside the box, are active in continuing their education and development. The teachers are very dedicated to the school. There are many teachers who have been at our school for a long time.