Allen Park High School Reviews

The atmosphere can be chaotic and the people in charge need to be changed. My experience has been okay. The academics are good but everything else isn’t the best. I have made good memories in this school but I don’t feel prepared for college at all.
Allen Park High School is more then just a school. It's a community that never leaves the district and never moves away. Parents are super involved and teachers go out of their way to help you and see you succeed. Half of the staff at APHS are alum and very proud of it. Allen Park has great sports programs, which grow and achieve more titles each year.
The best part about this school is how amazing the teaching staff is. They really have the students best interests in mind. Even though they are greatly limited by the mismanagement of money throughout my school district, they have been able to mold teenagers into intellectual citizens ready for college.
Start Your Review of Allen Park High School
My overall experience at Allen Park High School was great. Allen Park is a close community so attending the school district everyone knew everyone and same with our parents. Parent involvement at the school was also great. There’s not much I would change about Allen Park High School just because no matter where you live or what school you go to you still can run into the same problems when it comes to bullying or not learning easily with certain teachers. Overall though I would say my experience was great. Counselors, teachers, and the administration office was always there to help me. Whether it be my grades or preparing myself for college they always had the resources to improve my academics.
In my experience, the school was great and the teachers pushed towards excellence. The only thing I wish was different about high school was that I wished I got more involved sooner.
Decent school and is the best public school in the area. Not as good as other school with academics and offering.
I like how we always have something going on, whether it's sports or a school event. I don't like how some of the teachers are not friendly or don't help the students. I also do not like how my school is all about sports and being smart and that's it.
Didn't learn enough, school lunches super unhealthy I gained a lot of weight. Overall okay. Wish they taught me how to do my taxes or something. Teachers weren't passionate.
Everyone who comes to school here loves it. Sports are a huge part of Allen Park, and are always packed with spectators. There are multiple clubs to be a part of, and the teachers are always open to starting more. Allen Park High School definitely impacts the students. Our motto is, "Once a jag, always a jag."
Some very, very good teachers or some very, very bad teachers. Administration and teachers handle issues inconsistently, but I'll chalk it up to a small town mentality. Not very diverse, only a handful of non-white kids. Sports teams are generally pretty successful.
The environment in Allen Park is friendly and welcoming. Everywhere you look is someone lending a hand or becoming a friend. Instead of dreading you school you won't wait to be able to go and learn amazing things in new and exciting ways.
The classes offered are very diverse and very educational. The teachers always want to see you do your best. I think there are some teachers and students that don't really care, and judge you, and I think that should change.
The teachers are very friendly and helpful. They're always there to help when you need it. The children that go there are nice and helpful as well. They have great programs and sports teams to join as well.
Allen Park High School has a few opportunities if your not a college bpumd person. They help a lot of guys become a carpenter or car mechanic. Not saying girls dont take these classes but mostly the guys.
I really enjoyed my experience here, especially the teachers. I just feel that we lack severely in AP classes which makes it difficult to compete with students from other schools when applying to very competitive colleges.
I loved all of the faculty at Allen Park High School. Each and every person contributed to my experience there and I wouldn't change anything. Each person, from teachers to coaches to administration pushed me and helped me grow and prepared me for college.
Allen Park was an amazing school and kept me very involved with the community. I was in clubs like world language that traveled around Michigan to visit different ethnic restaurants. Also I played varsity basketball and ran varsity track at my years of APHS. But the best part were the outgoing teachers who loved their job and their students.
Start Your Review of Allen Park High School
Allen Park High School has been a great 4 year experience and I'm happy to have been a part of it. The students are full of spirit and determination that accomplish so much with the help of the teachers and staff. Of course, high school has it's stereotypical aspects, but Allen Park seems to overlook many of them and feels like a great community to be a part of. The only thing I would change is the assistance for seniors about college. Yes, there are only a few counselors (that's true of any school), but I feel unprepared for what is coming next for me, not academically, but financially. The entire process should be better explained to the students and allow more outlets for the help they need. Despite the small conflict of college, the high school itself is phenomenal and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else for 4 years.
As a student at Allen Park High School, I found the school to be more for show than substance. The classes have an outside appeal but the actual education was nothing. Personally I am very hardworking and learned how to manage in the school. Also, the teachers cared more for the appeal of how their students' standardized test grades were rather than the students. Allen Park students try to get the best education they can and participate in numerous clubs, activities, and classes the school provides; which can be overwhelming at the same time. Overall I'm okay with the fact that I'm graduating from this high school.
My experience my four years at Allen Park High was the greatest ever. The teachers have me a great learning experience. I was on the Varsity Tennis team for 3 years and the coaches are great and they taught me about the meaning of team work and being a team player. The only thing I would change is the graduation day being on the same day as the tennis state championship.