Allen Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allen Park, MI. It has 1,090 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Allen Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+137 Students
- B-124 Students
- A+122 Students
- A+116 Students
- B+74 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+66 Students
- B66 Students
- B+55 Students
- C54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Allen Park High School
- NGAllen Park Community School
- Allen Park Public Schools, MI
- 1 review
- BRiverview Community High School
- Riverview Community School District, MI
- 207 reviews
- BFranklin High School
- Livonia Public Schools School District, MI
- 247 reviews
- B+Cass Technical High School
- Detroit Public Schools, MI
- 1,704 reviews
Allen Park High School Reviews
The academic portion of Allen Park High School is absolutely wonderful! All the teachers are friendly, and all want what is best for their students. If necessary, they do take time out of their lives each day and work with students individually before and after school, so every student grasps the concepts of each lesson taught. They strive for greatness and work endlessly to provide the best learning environment for the entire student body. There's no place I'd rather be, than at Allen Park High School.
Our whole student body, which we like to call the Jag Jungle, is amazing! As a school, and as a city, we all care for each other immensely. No matter who you are, you are accepted and loved by everyone. Your uniqueness is valued. Through the good times, such as sporting events, and the bad times, when a fellow student/friend of ours lost his battle to cystic fibrosis, we all come together and provide support, love, and generosity through our actions. We are a selfless school, who enjoys giving back!
As a student at Allen Park High School, I found the school to be more for show than substance. The classes have an outside appeal but the actual education was nothing. Personally I am very hardworking and learned how to manage in the school. Also, the teachers cared more for the appeal of how their students' standardized test grades were rather than the students. Allen Park students try to get the best education they can and participate in numerous clubs, activities, and classes the school provides; which can be overwhelming at the same time. Overall I'm okay with the fact that I'm graduating from this high school.