Allen Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allen Park, MI. It has 1,115 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Allen Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+163 Students
- B-146 Students
- A146 Students
- A+143 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+86 Students
- B82 Students
- B76 Students
- B+73 Students
- C-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Allen Park High School
- C+Allen Park Community School
- Allen Park Public Schools, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 1 review
- B+Riverview Community High School
- Riverview Community School District, MI
- 216 reviews
- BFranklin High School
- Livonia Public Schools School District, MI
- 261 reviews
- B+Cass Technical High School
- Detroit Public Schools, MI
- 1,823 reviews
Allen Park High School Reviews
My overall experience at Allen Park High School was great. Allen Park is a close community so attending the school district everyone knew everyone and same with our parents. Parent involvement at the school was also great. There’s not much I would change about Allen Park High School just because no matter where you live or what school you go to you still can run into the same problems when it comes to bullying or not learning easily with certain teachers. Overall though I would say my experience was great. Counselors, teachers, and the administration office was always there to help me. Whether it be my grades or preparing myself for college they always had the resources to improve my academics.
The academic portion of Allen Park High School is absolutely wonderful! All the teachers are friendly, and all want what is best for their students. If necessary, they do take time out of their lives each day and work with students individually before and after school, so every student grasps the concepts of each lesson taught. They strive for greatness and work endlessly to provide the best learning environment for the entire student body. There's no place I'd rather be, than at Allen Park High School.
The best part about this school is how amazing the teaching staff is. They really have the students best interests in mind. Even though they are greatly limited by the mismanagement of money throughout my school district, they have been able to mold teenagers into intellectual citizens ready for college.