Allen High School Reviews

1,317 reviews
The theatre department is a disaster, though the academics and core curriculum teachers are very good at what they do! Sometimes, it can get frustrating having such a large school, and often times it feels like I receive no individualized attention or help preparing for college and life after high school.
Attending Allen High School was a very different and unique experience. Allen High School is one of the more prominent and larger schools in Texas so the amount of students attending is much higher than an average high school. With that being said, it did feel crowded at times but the faculty's performance made it easier to cope with the increased amount of students.
Allen High is one of the best High school in the nation. I am proud to be part of the Allen High alum
Start Your Review of Allen High School
The school needs to take more safety measures. Wearing ID badges won’t prevent a school shooter — metal detectors will. Teachers do not have relationships with students, but rather just preach material and send them on their way. The administration is controlling and the entire environment is stressful and anxiety-inducing. Sure, classrooms have Chromebooks, but that doesn’t change the fact that students dread going to school and walk around with bags under their eyes and hunched shoulders from heavy backpacks and a lack of will to learn or live.
Allen is a great high school. They have lots of clubs, sports, and other activites for students. Their band is the biggest in the nation. Joining band is a great experience. You make great friends. Their sports are out of this world. You have your pick of which one you want. From football to archery. You name it they have the sport.
After four years as an Allen High School student, I’ve observed an extremely competitive market among classes. Nonetheless, I’ve met some pretty incredible people and faculty that make the high school a memorable experience.
Allen High School is not just the school with the amazing football team and the stadium, Allen is where dreams are discovered and goals are accomplished. Allen has more opportunities then you'll know what to do with.
Allen High School is very diverse so you never have to worry about being alone, however the hallways are constantly full, and the environment is very competitive,
It was an amazing school. The people there are friendly and so nice! The teachers are just as amazing.
I liked the academic programs offered. I felt I was well prepared for college once I graduated.
The thing I would like to change...they need more than one high school. There are too many students in one school. It’s crowded. Participating in sports can be very difficult and competitive because there are so many kids trying out for very few positions.
I had a great time at Allen high school. The teacher where helpful, but the most fun I had was during my senior year.
I like how Allen has been updating their campus and programs/ideas constantly over the years, striving to provide students with a beautiful facility along with a strong sense of school spirit and welcoming atmosphere.
AHS has an impressive amount of funding but these funds are not utilized fairly across the school community. Too much money given to programs such as FB. neglecting sports, clubs, and classes that actually need the additional funding. Because of its large size, little monitoring is done on the quality of teachers and no one keeps track of students’ well being outside of attendance.superb facilities but students are often deterred from using them as other school districts often are invited to use our facilities instead. Constant unnecessary renovations also decrease actual effectiveness of school facilities. Education not pushed as top priority and if a student doesn’t go out of their way and constantly pester admin. and teachers about getting help they won’t ever receive it.
One of the best things about Allen High School was the fact that it was so massive. The school was very diverse and you had a lot of people from different walks of life so you could easily find a person or group of people to mesh with.
Allen was an amazing experience. It has the best of the best, athletics, academics, and arts. I think this school has the best facilities in the nation. I wish I was there when the new STEAM center opens.
The professors at Allen High Schools are, in my experience, very good. My physics professors inspired me to continue studying physics in college.
Allen High School had an abundance of top of the line facilities and great programs available to all students, however almost all faculty members (not teachers) have condescending adittudes and impersonal relations with the students around them. House office principles are rude and not understandingat all of situationsand the councilors in general do not care about the well being of the students and are quick to put all blame on the student rather than being understanding. It is difficult to want to be involved in a school where it feels like the administration doesn't really care about you or the people around you.
Start Your Review of Allen High School
I loved Allen for its challenging classes and abundance of courses to choose from. I was in the Band and Pre Veterinary courses and made many long lasting groups of friends and contacts from them. The only thing I would be careful of is burning yourself out through difficult classes and demanding extracirriculars. The councilors always push a student to go into a higher level course even if the student might not want to for whatever reason. I got talked into taking a ton of AP courses my junior year by my councilor and ended up running on 3 to 5 hours of sleep due to the amount of work I was doing just to keep up and still be able to do the other things I was required to by the Band and FFA, a national Agriculture Club, and National Art Honor Society, all extracirruclar clubs that I loved. They then tried to put me in all AP courses senior year and didn't understand why didn't want to jeopardize my health like that again.
As a proud Allen High school alum, I rate my high school experience overall as an 8! I am blessed to attend a school where the city is ranked number one in Texas and gives its students the resources they need to be successful. Some of my best experiences included the student to teacher ratio, the academics, and the activities I could be involved in. I believe the teachers and academics prepared me for the challenges I have encountered in college. Whether its getting work done, building relationships, or goal setting my high school experience empowered me through exposure and real life examples. After attending a large high school, it led me to make the decision to go to a smaller university.
Allen high school is a huge high school with many different types of people. You have people from all over the world and from every background sitting with you in your classes. The staff at Allen High School deals with many children and it's sad to say but they come off a bit rude because of it. I respect all staff and faculty at Allen high school although I will say I felt unprepared a lot of the time. Allen offers many Programs from culinary to theater to IB which kids can excel in. Due to a large number of kids in each class (1,500 in the class of 2018), this can create quite a competitive atmosphere with less opportunity for all. Overall I had my fair share of bad and good teachers. If I could do it over again I would have chosen a private school or smaller school to obtain a more one on one education as well as a more strict safe environment. I do however recommend Allen to those who would take advantage of the programs or sports they offer.