Allen D. Nease Senior High School Reviews

My experience so far was great. The teachers are always there to support you and to help you indulge in learning. The administration is very nice and always try to help.
The teachers are good. Most of the staff are respected & well liked. The environment overall was good & conducive for learning. The students were welcoming. The outdoor layout of the school is different than most today & made it nice for changing classes, lunch, etc. The new additions have made the school safer with one entrance.
The teachers really care a lot about the students. They take the time to develop relationships and bind with their students. The students are friendly and everyone gets along.
Start Your Review of Allen D. Nease Senior High School
My experience at Nease High School was a great one. I was zoned for another high school in St. Johns County, though I chose Nease because of past academic record. Nease's academics are top notch and arguably the best in St. Johns County. I was part of the Digitial Design academy and thoroughly enjoyed it. I learned a lot about design and Adobe programs. The academic staff there was tremendous and they were always there for the student. We also had great athletics, activities, and after-school programs. Overall, it was a great experience and I loved going to Nease. I would highly recommend going here!
I initially liked the look of the school, the individual pods made me feel more comfortable and less intimidated for starting over in a new state. Once there, I was able to join sports clubs and meet new people. The teachers I had were all very helpful and helped me achieve my goal of graduating with Honors.
I was very happy with my school and am proud to be an Alum from Nease HS.
Most of the teachers care about students and the new building is really nice and clean. But i’d like to see the administration be nicer and care more. They are kind of rude and I’m not sure why.
Allen D. Nease High School provided me with what I think was one of the best learning environments in the city of St. Augustine. The teachers made sure the material was covered effectively and understood by each and every student. However there were a few things that I believe still need improvement such as, the level of security surrounding the school and the overall diversity of the students needs to be changed.
Nease High School is not the best place for a person wanting to focus on learning. The faculty is not very involved in student life or academics. Although they do have an IB program, the counselor is not very helpful or involved with college choices. Also there are some teachers that can be considered good, but most do not know what they are doing even if they have been teaching the same subject for years.
There is good academic rigor with the International Baccalaureate program and opportunities to get exposure to some careers with academies. However, one can expect to regularly face disorganization in a school activity or club, and one may not be able to participate in student activities due to limited tickets and/or space.
I liked the diversity of Nease High School. I would like to see guidance take a more individual concern and interest in students. Guidance is important from the first day to the last to make students successful. Attitude defines leadership.
The school does not live up to the great reputation the district boasts. Office staff lacks basic communication skills and common sense while the top priority of the deficient administration is to create a false superior image instead of actually caring about the students. The campus is a security / safety nightmare but they would rather focus on dress code.
I move to this school in the middle of my senior year. I didn't feel like a stranger like most new kids at most new schools. This school is very large and also makes me feel safe. The teachers and other staff are good at their jobs, seem as if they care for the students, and offer assistance when needed.
I love the outside atmosphere with the open campus design. The students are very accepting and diverse, giving everyone a chance to fit in and thrive while getting a wonderful education.
It's was OK, moved to Florida sophomore year. Was going well, end of junior and currently senior year isn't the best because of a new person controls the school. Lots of things were changed and alot of them were not completely thought through.
When I was there it was a changing school. It was going from 7th - 12th to 9th- 12th. It was ran tight and the teachers believed in their students.
I really enjoyed going to Nease. All of my teachers were super laid back. I also liked that it was an outdoor campus.
Although Nease is a big school, within each classroom is a wonderful learning environment. Each teacher takes interest into their students, and create a fun learning environment. Nease is an excellent school and I loved attending here.
Start Your Review of Allen D. Nease Senior High School
I love that we have the IB program at Nease. I would appreciate a more consistent bell schedule and for teachers to coordinate their testing schedules better.
i only look forward to my drama class. academics are a bore and i only find motivation to attend because of my extracurricular activities.
The class schedule is set in a way that allows you to take the classes that interest you. The school hallways are outdoors, though, which is very different from a typical high school.