Allen D. Nease Senior High School Reviews

I liked the diversity of Nease High School. I would like to see guidance take a more individual concern and interest in students. Guidance is important from the first day to the last to make students successful. Attitude defines leadership.
The school does not live up to the great reputation the district boasts. Office staff lacks basic communication skills and common sense while the top priority of the deficient administration is to create a false superior image instead of actually caring about the students. The campus is a security / safety nightmare but they would rather focus on dress code.
I move to this school in the middle of my senior year. I didn't feel like a stranger like most new kids at most new schools. This school is very large and also makes me feel safe. The teachers and other staff are good at their jobs, seem as if they care for the students, and offer assistance when needed.
Start Your Review of Allen D. Nease Senior High School
I love the outside atmosphere with the open campus design. The students are very accepting and diverse, giving everyone a chance to fit in and thrive while getting a wonderful education.
It's was OK, moved to Florida sophomore year. Was going well, end of junior and currently senior year isn't the best because of a new person controls the school. Lots of things were changed and alot of them were not completely thought through.
When I was there it was a changing school. It was going from 7th - 12th to 9th- 12th. It was ran tight and the teachers believed in their students.
I really enjoyed going to Nease. All of my teachers were super laid back. I also liked that it was an outdoor campus.
Although Nease is a big school, within each classroom is a wonderful learning environment. Each teacher takes interest into their students, and create a fun learning environment. Nease is an excellent school and I loved attending here.
I love that we have the IB program at Nease. I would appreciate a more consistent bell schedule and for teachers to coordinate their testing schedules better.
i only look forward to my drama class. academics are a bore and i only find motivation to attend because of my extracurricular activities.
The class schedule is set in a way that allows you to take the classes that interest you. The school hallways are outdoors, though, which is very different from a typical high school.
I would like to see more pathways to the portables. Everyone is sick and piled into one hallway which makes it harder to get to my classes on time. We only get 7 tardies per quarter and if you have a bad day you can get all of them in a single day.
Best school in St. Johns County with the IB program and Engineering Academy. The people are great and the teachers are really good.
Nease High School has great teachers and is conveniently located. The 4 academies are good, however the Stellar Academy of Engineering has gone down hill in the past couple of years. I learned nothing in my senior year due to the previous teacher retiring. The new teacher knew nothing about our program, therefore it was a waste of 45 minutes everyday.

The outdoor campus is nice and different than other schools where the students are stuck inside all day. The campus is old and is in desperate need of a fresh look which I believe they are working on this summer.

In summation, Allen D. Nease is an average school that has potential to be a great school. However the facilities are currently overrun with each wave of a new class and Nease's old and outdated campus cannot currently support a 2000 plus student enrollment. Hopefully this upcoming school year (2017-2018), Nease will have a fresh new campus with the ability to support all of its students.
It was a good school however the facility seem to emphasize a division between IB students and Honor students. It becomes problematic as the students who cannot afford to join the IB are academically left behind.
I liked the majority of the teachers that I had and the academics were very good. The school is very overcrowded.
Nease High School is in a very good area to live. Not many problems in this school. It's overcrowded but they are trying to fix that right now by adding onto the school. I believe this will also help the teachers. They seem overwhelmed at times with so many students. They definitely need more teachers. Great sports and clubs. Definitely take advantage of Dual Enrollment opportunities. Helps with cost of college. Great AP classes too. Overall good experience. 9th to 12th. I just graduated.
Start Your Review of Allen D. Nease Senior High School
I was in the IB program and appreciated the teamwork displayed by the teachers. They worked together to limit our overall workload and coordinate deadlines so we were not overwhelmed.
Nease High School is one of the best schools in St. John's County, FL. With a wide array of sports and clubs to choose from, it's impossible to not get involved. The school spirit is off the charts! The only negative aspects of it are that the rules are a little ridiculous sometimes (no tank tops at an outdoor school in the 90 degree Florida weather!) and that the school is pretty crowded. However, this crowd has allowed for the expansion of the school itself, including a new two-story library and more parking areas and practice fields, which also gives the school a minor architectural update from it's 80s era structure. After attending Nease for four years, I can honestly say that there is no other high school in Florida I would have rather attended.
The new renovation project will be a great improvement to how the school looks, along with some updated classrooms.