Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School is a public school located in Scottsville, KY. It has 928 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-133 Students
- A-64 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+32 Students
- C28 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- B24 Students
- B+16 Students
- C+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School Reviews
A lot of high school students are quick to assume their high school "sucks" because of a few problems. Allen County-Scottsville High School is not a school worthy of the word "sucks". The faculty and staff focus almost entirely on the students and not only preparing them for the future, but for what they can expect throughout the four years of high school. The school is clean and very well-maintained, which is, unfortunately, not a normality for all schools. In my four years there, I felt welcome and cared for at all times. There is always someone to help you.
Allen County-Scottsville High School is a very good school in terms of pleasant people and a dedicated team of employees working toward a common goal. The staff are very effective in helping students in any way they can, and the constant work ethic they display is nonetheless remarkable. The down-side of this school is the lack of extracurricular activities and sport team variety. If I were to wish a change upon Allen County-Scottsville High School, those are the only two notable things I would recommend seeking change in.
My experience at Allen County-Scottsville High was and still is bitter-sweet. There are a lot of bad things about this school but for everything that's bad there's also good. The teachers are mostly great teachers, there are a few that just hate their jobs but there are a lot more that wake up every morning ready to help us better ourselves and our futures. Our curriculum may be mediocre but overall we're a pretty intelligent group of "kids". If I could change one thing about it here, I would change the close-mindedness of everyone in this county, there are not near enough people that don't have their heads set on a certain way or thing and I feel like being open-minded is a great start to being successful. Although my opinion of this school varies greatly from time to time I still feel like I can honestly say I wouldn't want to have to endure high-school any where else.