Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School is a public school located in Scottsville, KY. It has 898 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-122 Students
- A-62 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+26 Students
- C24 Students
- B23 Students
- B+14 Students
- C+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School Reviews
My experience at Allen County-Scottsville High was and still is bitter-sweet. There are a lot of bad things about this school but for everything that's bad there's also good. The teachers are mostly great teachers, there are a few that just hate their jobs but there are a lot more that wake up every morning ready to help us better ourselves and our futures. Our curriculum may be mediocre but overall we're a pretty intelligent group of "kids". If I could change one thing about it here, I would change the close-mindedness of everyone in this county, there are not near enough people that don't have their heads set on a certain way or thing and I feel like being open-minded is a great start to being successful. Although my opinion of this school varies greatly from time to time I still feel like I can honestly say I wouldn't want to have to endure high-school any where else.
From being a student at AC-SHS, I've enjoyed the family-like atmosphere exhibited by the teachers and staff. The teachers that I've had have always worked with me on things I struggled with, and the the guidance counselors have done a great job of working with me on schedule changes and such. One thing I would like to change about my school would be to widen the variety of foreign language classes, as we only provide spanish.
This highschool had a decent atmosphere, a community. Which made us look out for each other and build school spirit. But also a few other students and myself, feel like we were never challenged and that we were wasting our time there, feeling like we didn't learn a lot of valuable skills.