Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School is a public school located in Scottsville, KY. It has 928 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-139 Students
- A-67 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-36 Students
- C+30 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A-18 Students
- C14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Allen County-Scottsville (AC-S) High School Reviews
During my time at ACSHS I received a wonderful education from teachers who challenged me at every turn. I took it upon myself to take rigorous courses and I had plenty of support, resources, and guidance open to me. Individuality and personal college choices are something I wish I could change. Instead of pushing dual credit hard let students enjoy their last years of high school and then after they graduate and move onto college, enjoy those years of their undergraduate. Another item I wish the school created in my time there is green study spaces, utilizing the courtyard inside the school and the spaces outside of the school. Painting the white walls would also be a nice change and make the hallways much more inviting and a happier place to be. I take pride in my school but upon entering my senior year I see many improvements that could be made for the next classes to have an even better experience then my own.
A lot of high school students are quick to assume their high school "sucks" because of a few problems. Allen County-Scottsville High School is not a school worthy of the word "sucks". The faculty and staff focus almost entirely on the students and not only preparing them for the future, but for what they can expect throughout the four years of high school. The school is clean and very well-maintained, which is, unfortunately, not a normality for all schools. In my four years there, I felt welcome and cared for at all times. There is always someone to help you.
Allen County-Scottsville High School is a very good school in terms of pleasant people and a dedicated team of employees working toward a common goal. The staff are very effective in helping students in any way they can, and the constant work ethic they display is nonetheless remarkable. The down-side of this school is the lack of extracurricular activities and sport team variety. If I were to wish a change upon Allen County-Scottsville High School, those are the only two notable things I would recommend seeking change in.