Allegan High School Reviews

What I love about Allegan High School is the people. The students are, for the most part, diverse and interesting. I personally have never had issues with any of the teachers. My peers and the staff alike have always been good to me. Even in the past when I've struggled to hold myself together, my teachers have been understanding and helpful. I've made great friends over the years. I also love the building as a whole. It's very clean and well put together, you can tell that those who work here take good care of the place. I think Allegan is a lovely place to go for a high school education. However, what I would love to see change is the no hat rule. I don't personally wear hats, but I feel like this rule restricts other students. It's an outdated rule and I, as well as many others, would like it to be removed.
Allegan High School opened up many opportunities for me. They have great teachers and a wide variety of academics for students.
I liked attending Allegan High School for all four years of my high school career because the small environment made it easy to get to know all of the students, as well as the teachers.
Start Your Review of Allegan High School
Allegan was the easy going, laid back enviroment that I needed to succeed. If I had gone to school in my hometown, I would've had a mental break down. It was so tough, and restricting, that I couldn't handle it. The more relaxed atmosphere of Allegan, however, allowed me to flourish. Instead of being stifled, I succeeded in theatre, I was able to enroll in an early college program, and now, I am off to a great four year university. It really was the chance of a lifetime.
I had a wonderful school experience at Allegan High School. My professors were caring and encouraged me to do my best every step of the way. I'm still in contact with many of them today! The students are very involved in the community and show their school spirit in every game, in every sport. Here I made friendships that I know will last for a lifetime.
From when I walked in through the doors of Allegan High School, I knew it would be just like a second home. It isn't just a place to receive education, its a place to gain new friendships, numerous unforgettable memories, and getting ready for the real world. The teachers actually care about how you do and will push you every step of the way to try to see you at your full potential. The only reason why I took a star off is I believe that their is clear favoritism between the staff and the students. Other than that I believe I had the greatest time of my life at Allegan.
To be honest, this school has a worse reputation than it deserves. Education is not particularly lacking and they seem eager to try running new electives now and then. There are all kinds of people here, and most groups seem to be rather welcoming. One thing that would be nice to change though would be the number of snow days we get. I know this sounds like something every student would wish for, but it seems when nearly every other school in our area has a snow day, Allegan is the only one open. When the weather is scary, it's dangerous for us. Another complaint would be a few of the teachers. I'm not going to go into specifics, but enough requests have been made regarding a few and nothing ever seems to be done about it. However, what's nice is that Allegan has many college visits and programs to encourage students to push to further their education, including the connections to the Tech Center. Also, the performing arts center is super cool.
While the school offers many extracurricular activities and community service opportunities, the teachers are not the best. Some talk about topics outside of the subject of which is being taught. Others are way too harsh on the students with their assignments. The teachers sometimes have a difficult time explaining what they are teaching which results in low grades.
I like that Allegan High School has a lot of different elective choices and that the counselors really try to help you get on the right course for college. I don't like that a lot of the teachers don't try to give much explanation on subjects.
I could have been better prepared for college. I feel as though not enough time was spent helping me prepare for the financial needs nor the class courses I could have taken. The counselors need to take more time with each student. Overall I had a good experience just feel I wasn't as prepared for college as I could have been.
The teachers give each student an individualized experience to ensure they achieve the highest level of success throughout their years at the school. Everyone is encouraged to strive for excellence.
The quality of Allegan High School would be increased by hiring more teachers who are willing to help students and take extra steps to see the students succeed. They would also benefit from increasing the courses available to the students to take.
My experience so far as an Allegan Tiger has been rather commendable. I didn't struggle much with learning, but when I did come across a difficult topic, my teachers always went above and beyond to help me understand.

Not only did these teachers help the students understand, the teachers were so close to the students that I truly can call a number of them my friend. I feel that I learned everything that I needed to plus more. When I say "plus more," I mean they taught me social skills. They taught me at a young age how to respect my teachers.

Particularly I favored the band program. Our band director truly was a one-of-a-kind person. I felt I could talk to her if I needed advice or about personal issues. She is among the nicest people I've ever met. She knew everything about music. If we had any kind of question, she always had an answer. She taught us how to play music, and how to understand it.
My experience wasn't bad. I am currently studying Education and there wasn't much for me to take Junior/Senior year. All there was was pretty much the Tech Center. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more options for people who want to go into Education field after graduation.
At Allegan High School, where I had attended for 4 years, my experiences were both good and bad. They provided so many opportunities class-wise and would help you through anything that you needed help with. When I suffered a great loss, AHS staff was more than willing to help me through it! I also liked all the school spirit. What I would like to see change is how they handle their anti-bullying policy, as it almost seems they do not really care as much as they say they do.
Drugs are prevalent at my school, and even though there are random searches and police dogs brought in occasionally, even many athletes do drugs. There is no school nurse, and many students go to school when they are sick because they have limited sick days and don't want to fall behind.
The most recognized extracurricular activities in Allegan High School are the sports teams, Quiz Bowl, and marching band. Most students participate in at least one after-school activity.
Start Your Review of Allegan High School
I've had a positive experience at Allegan High School so far, as the teachers and programs allow me to express my interests. The only problems I've experiences with this high school are lack of funding for the arts programs lack of communication between students and administration.
The teachers at Allegan High School have a variety of teaching styles that most students enjoy. The teachers genuinely care about the students, and help them when possible. Most teachers are creative and apply that to their teaching methods and environment. The teachers at Allegan High School communicate with their students and talk to them almost as peers sometimes to create a more comfortable environment, and it is appreciated by the students.
The sports here show a wide range of improvement, sports like swimming, tennis, wrestling, and soccer are all sports that are known outside of Allegan. The Spanish Club is a well put organization that gets together every Wednesday and there are a few trips throughout the course. I am well committed to the club.