Allegan High School is a public school located in Allegan, MI. It has 701 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Allegan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+132 Students
- B+117 Students
- A92 Students
- A+72 Students
- B67 Students
- B-62 Students
- B48 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-32 Students
- C+29 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Allegan High School Reviews
I had a wonderful school experience at Allegan High School. My professors were caring and encouraged me to do my best every step of the way. I'm still in contact with many of them today! The students are very involved in the community and show their school spirit in every game, in every sport. Here I made friendships that I know will last for a lifetime.
To be honest, this school has a worse reputation than it deserves. Education is not particularly lacking and they seem eager to try running new electives now and then. There are all kinds of people here, and most groups seem to be rather welcoming. One thing that would be nice to change though would be the number of snow days we get. I know this sounds like something every student would wish for, but it seems when nearly every other school in our area has a snow day, Allegan is the only one open. When the weather is scary, it's dangerous for us. Another complaint would be a few of the teachers. I'm not going to go into specifics, but enough requests have been made regarding a few and nothing ever seems to be done about it. However, what's nice is that Allegan has many college visits and programs to encourage students to push to further their education, including the connections to the Tech Center. Also, the performing arts center is super cool.
At Allegan High School, where I had attended for 4 years, my experiences were both good and bad. They provided so many opportunities class-wise and would help you through anything that you needed help with. When I suffered a great loss, AHS staff was more than willing to help me through it! I also liked all the school spirit. What I would like to see change is how they handle their anti-bullying policy, as it almost seems they do not really care as much as they say they do.